"Abersoch, A gettaway for the rich!" Abersoch by carlrea
Abersoch Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Affectionately known as 'Wilmslow on sea' Abersoch's status amongst the afluent has increased ten fold over the last few years, possiby due to the positioning on the Llyn penninsular in North Wales which is relatively close to the afluent area's of Shropshire and Cheshire, hence the name 'Wilmslow on sea'
and also the great beach and sailing community that thrive here.
House prices have risen dramatically here in the last few years simply due to the investment that has gone on here as well as the shortage of housing in the village. Dont be surpised to see an average 4 bed house retail at over three quarters of a million pounds.
If you look past the flash pads and Aston Martins you will see a community that is friendly and even though invaded by the 'cheshire set' still retains its quaint old world village charm, although upmarket restaurants and eateries are starting to spring up all along the high street simply because of the wealth that exists here
Abersoch has a huge sailing and watersports community in general.
When we went in August it was a red hot August bank holiday and the amount of boats and especially Jetski's were huge. There must have been over a millions quids worth of jetski's bobbing about in the sea.
Pictured is my friend Carl and his poor excuse for a boat, perhaps because we are poor!!! ha ha
- Pros:Lovely village, sailing community, fantastic bars and retaurants
- Cons:If you wish to move here, get saving,
- In a nutshell:Looking at all the Aston Martins will make you jealous
carlrea's Related Pages
Abersoch Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abersoch
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Abersoch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abersoch
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Austin Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Royton Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheshire Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos