"Oldham, My home" Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham by carlrea
Oldham Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 297 photos
Oldham hmmmmm!!! not exactly the most exotic location and to be honest does not exactly attract torists by the bucketload but Oldham and especially the surrounding areas of Saddleworth has so much old world charm that can easily be overlooked by a visitor just passing through.
You can be in Oldham town centre one minute and just a 15 minute drive later your in the middle of nowhere over looking rolling countryside and great rugged landscapes.
Absolutely great for walkers and outdoorsy types who can then relax in one of the many country pubs in front of a roaring fire with a pint and a pie if that takes your fancy.
Drop in sometime you might be surprised!!!!
In all my travels across the United Kingdom i always like to sample what the local nightlife is like and treat myself to a beverage or two! but i have to say when i moved here over 7 years ago i have still to find a street like Yorkshire St in Oldham.
There must be 20 bars within a space of 100 yards and on any typical Friday or Saturday night is absolutely bonkers!! from the ultra trendy Budda Bar and Vogue to more traditional pubs like The Old Mess House (if you go in you will know why it is called this) Sometimes it amazes me how a town like Oldham breeds such good looking girls and if your female some decent blokes as well if you like the rugged type - very rugged
Oldham has an abundance of characters and a walk around the town centre on a typical day you might think that we all have webbed feet or three eyes oh aye there is some funny types! but apart from that Oldham has the friendliest people i have met and i really mean that. People who will go out of there way for you - typical Northern hospitality.
Oh by the way the picture is from my favorite comedy Phoenix Nights which is based in a suposedly typical northern working mens club it is the funniest thing you will ever see in your life.
- Pros:friendly people, great countryside, fantastic nightlife
- Cons:nightlife crowd are a bit young oh and Oldham Athletic FC are not very good
- In a nutshell:we're not all weirdo's y'know, well ok only some of us!
Popped in here one Sunday for a quick bite to eat. We was told that on a Sunday it is a buffet lunch were you can eat as... more travel advice
I came here with a friend for the first time about two years ago and upon walking up the street where it is i thought... more travel advice
- See All expect this sort quality in central...
- Some Oldham sayings!
- The Infamous Yorkshire street
carlrea's Related Pages
Oldham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bak yam"
- "Oldham, My home"
- "Steeped in History and Beauty"
- "Daisy Nook country park"
- "Born and bred..... Town gone to the dogs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oldham
- Hotels in Oldham
- Transportation in Oldham
- Nightlife in Oldham
- Restaurants in Oldham
- Shopping in Oldham
- Warnings and Dangers in Oldham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oldham
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Oldham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oldham
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Choices"
- Commented on one of inselaffe's Oldham travel pages
- Wrote a Review Great authentic Chinese food for those on a budget in Oldham Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great authentic Chinese food for those on a budget"
- updated a Oldham Travel Page "Oldham, My home"
Photos in OldhamSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Austin Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Royton Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheshire Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos