"Isle of Skye - a pearl in the Scottish Highlands" Isle of Skye by carlrea
Isle of Skye Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 904 photos
I went to Skye at the end of October 2005, on a roadtrip that lasted all of 3 days and we covered nearly 1200 miles in that short time. It was worth it because i dont think i have ever seen such amazing scenery on the British Isle's like that before. Skye is a very rugged landscape that is has a beauty all of its own. If you venture into Scotland i strongly would recommend the Isle of Skye
This is a picture of MacLeods Table, apologies to anyone if i have spelt it wrong. An amazing view of this from just outside Uig port.
my travel buddy, about the only other friend who shares the same passion for travelling as me!
- Pros:Fantastic Scenery, People, Way of life
- Cons:Changable weather, Drunken Scots at weekend!
- In a nutshell:A fair old drive but worth it!
I'm not saying that public transport does not exist, because it does but i can honestly say we did not see any buses at... more travel advice
This is obvious really but if you have to go into the mountains make sure you go well prepared, pleanty of warm clothes... more travel advice
carlrea's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Choices"
- Commented on one of skywalkerbeth's Isle of Skye travel pages
- Wrote a Review In a nutshell, get a car! in Isle of Skye Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "In a nutshell, get a car!"
- updated a Isle of Skye Travel Page "Isle of Skye - a pearl in the Scottish Highlands"
Top 10 Pages
- Bergen Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Austin Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Royton Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheshire Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos