"Success is what you make of it!" carlrea's Profile

Things always work themselves out - and then some!

Although i've not had chance to do as much travelling as i would have liked - My life has been a whirl recently. Lets just say i knew i'd make it. Shortly moving from the North of England to...... a new life beckons.

Success is whatever you make it and anyone can do it.

Me i'm bloody loaded lol. Life is grand, Aye it is that!

Nice and relaxing

I've always loved nice homes but up until now.......
Anyway i'm not complaining, not one jot.

After a hard day its nice to come back and relax.

My better half.

Funny how she'd only date me when she found out how many cars i owned - nah thats not actually true, she'd kill me if she read this lol.

Supportive, trustworthy, loving and also my best friend. We're like chalk and cheese but so right.

Does wealth make things easier!

It does and it doesn't.

I'm very indecisive at the best of times. Money is supposed to make things easier - yes it does but it can make things harder.

It sounds ridiculous and it maybe easier to have the one car, one property. I mean you can only drive one car at a time or sleep in one bedroom. Its ridicoulous truth be told.

But i'd rather have to ponder for twenty minutes on what car to take. A complete joke. If I believed in the scam of global warming i'd probably sell my car and buy a Prius or a Toyota Aygo but i dont so i wont.

The Diceman

Watched this years ago and produced and directed by Russell Harris and Shaun Fenton this series was shown on the Discovery Channel. The first series he travelled around teh uk and basically everything was decided on the roll of the dice, where to go, where to stay, what mode of transport. Sadly not out on DVD but if you get the chance to watch this a definate must see!

Chasing shadows - Long Way Round!!

The first time i watched this i was hooked and i have watched this over and over again and will be buying the book shortly!
Through six one-hour episodes, Long Way Round shows the actors in a way the audience has never seen them before, utterly left to their own devices and foregoing their more comfortable lifestyle. Their journey takes them over 20,000 miles, circumnavigating the longest continuous landmass on earth through the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, Siberia, Alaska and Canada before arriving in the Untied States. As would be expected, they encounter hardships along the way, including cultural and language barriers as they pitch tents and attempt to live off the land. The journey is not only a test of their endurance, but a cultural lesson as well – as they take part in a range of activities native to the lands they traverse. Charlie Bloorman is one of the most hilarious people you will ever see in your life very funny and extremley watchable.

www.longwayround.com

No the one on the left is not my girly!

10 mins after this pic. i was surrounded by Japanese tourists taking pictures of me oo er!

A picture of me stood next to a moose whilst on my trip to Bergen.

No i was not drunk, just acting silly!
which is pretty often dum de dum!

• Intro Updated Jan 17, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
carlrea's Profile Photo

carlrea

“Never fear the unknown or you'll never know.”

Real Name