"My Travels" henrykkanada's Profile

My prime interest in traveling is history, particularly relating to my ancestral Poland and Slavic. Related to this is archeology. I enjoy visiting modern art museums, and scenic places.
When I was first living in London, I visited Toronto, Port Stanley, Ipperwash and Grand Bend beaches, Chicago and Niagara Falls NY. After I graduated from university I started my aerospace career in the Montreal area. From there I saw the sights of the area, Ottawa, Quebec City, Old Orchard Maine and the New England states, including Boston, and New York state including New York City. Between 1965 and 1968 I visited Yuma AZ, for flight tests. I saw much of California and Arizona, and Mexcali, Mexico then. I first travelled overseas on a business trip to London, England in 1968. In 1969 I travelled cross country to Pomona CA (and back), for management training. While living there, I toured Hawaii, San Francisco, Yosemite, Reno, Las Vegas and San Diego. In 1974 with the start of a contract with Germany and France, I made many business and pleasure trips to those countries, UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxemburg. This include a tour across the Iron Curtain to East Berlin. Between 1982 and 1989 there were flight trials, again in Yuma, a good place to visit not only in the winter, but year round. The desert presents such a different view. I also visited Cairo on a business trip with a weekend in Athens on the way back.
Since retiring, I visited most of Western and Central Europe, as well as China. I intend to see a lot of Canada next.
Since

• Intro Updated May 15, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!