"Beautiful Prague" Prague by clairegeordio

Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos

Since the Middle Ages, Prague has been famous as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. There are many historical monuments to see in Prague, dominated by the Prague castle.

I went to Prague with my Czech friend and her husband on Easter Sunday. This was a lovely time to visit as Easter has a lot of importance attached to it over there, so the shops were all decorated with flowers and painted eggs and the old town square was alive with colour: little huts selling souvenirs, coloured paper hanging from the trees. We were actually staying with my friend's family in a small village about 1 hour from Prague - a totally different world to Prague - right out in the country, the village had no shops and no bus service! If you look at my off the beaten path tip - Svata Hora - this is actually the place where my friends got married a few years ago!
Prague is definitely one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited and thanks to my expert guide, I did get to see a lot of Prague in one day, but obviously would like to visit again someday.....

View taken from Prague castle

• Last visit to Prague: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2005

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Hello, Claire !There are so many amazing places in the Beautiful Prague... Thanks for your nice page about them!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Nice tips! I want to go, but my husband went before we met and now I may have a hard time getting him to go back. He only wants places that make his map more blue! :D

• vdoortje's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 7:59 AM

WOW!!!! What a beautiful pictures of what I consider the most beautiful capital of Europe!! I have been there at least 4 times and this was the 5th!;-)

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 2:49 PM

I cry everytime I think that I lost my Prague pictures... thanks for bringing back the memories!

• Apr 26, 2004 at 1:18 AM

Prague looks excellant in your pages..nice work.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 11:24 AM

Now I know what all theose stalls were for. I Have a mega page now, what a great city

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 12:28 PM

Prague looks beautiful - such colours - looking forward to my trip here!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 4:40 AM

I adored the little huts selling gifts they reminded me of a Christmas Market yet it was early October when I was there. Good page

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2004 at 7:13 AM

I think my Prague page is the only one that doesn't mention the Golden Lane. I didn't know about it when I was there.

• conny_bazen's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2004 at 2:55 PM

I really liked the Becherovka!!

clairegeordio

“Don't ever let life pass you by!”

Badges & Stats in Prague