"Beautiful Prague" Prague by clairegeordio
Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos
Since the Middle Ages, Prague has been famous as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. There are many historical monuments to see in Prague, dominated by the Prague castle.
I went to Prague with my Czech friend and her husband on Easter Sunday. This was a lovely time to visit as Easter has a lot of importance attached to it over there, so the shops were all decorated with flowers and painted eggs and the old town square was alive with colour: little huts selling souvenirs, coloured paper hanging from the trees. We were actually staying with my friend's family in a small village about 1 hour from Prague - a totally different world to Prague - right out in the country, the village had no shops and no bus service! If you look at my off the beaten path tip - Svata Hora - this is actually the place where my friends got married a few years ago!
Prague is definitely one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited and thanks to my expert guide, I did get to see a lot of Prague in one day, but obviously would like to visit again someday.....
Wenceslas Square is a boulevard that is 750m long and 60m wide and has many shops, bars, banks and hotels along it. It... more travel advice
St Vitus is a beautiful, gothic cathedral and is the largest church in Prague. The coronations of Czech Kings and Queens... more travel advice
clairegeordio's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 48 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 44 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 83 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buckinghamshire Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos