"One week in Luxor" Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor by clairegeordio
Luxor Travel Guide: 1,615 reviews and 4,398 photos
We spent a week in Luxor mid Nov 2004. I found this a pleasant time of year with regards to the weather as it was hot but not overbearing - a dry heat, not humid. As it was their winter, it would get dark around 5pm and you needed a jumper for the evenings. Luxor is an amazing place, not only for it’s ancient sites, but for the interesting things there are to do, eg I took an early morning air balloon flight, rode a camel through villages and past banana plantations, had a snake round my neck….combining this with chilling out round the pool of a 5 star hotel, it all made for an excellent and different holiday.
I guess Luxor will always be special to me as I was proposed to on my last morning here, flying over the West Bank of the Nile in a hot air balloon!
Luxor is built over part of ancient Thebes, which spreads across both sides of the Nile. Luxor was once the political capital of Egypt and some of the most famous Pharoahs such as Ramses II, Seti I and Tutankhamun lived here.
- Pros:Beautiful, ancient sites
- Cons:Constant hassle
Inside the temples there are unofficial guides hanging around waiting for tourists so they can tell or show them... more travel advice
Look up to the tops of the columns where you can see impressive hieroglyphics which still have good colours preserved. more travel advice
clairegeordio's Related Pages
Luxor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We are going to Luxor...."
- "One week in Luxor"
- "Two-Thirds of Egypt's Ruins are Here"
- "L U X O R"
- "Luxor - Nile Cruise"
- "Luxor Temple Pictures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luxor
- Hotels in Luxor
- Transportation in Luxor
- Nightlife in Luxor
- Restaurants in Luxor
- Shopping in Luxor
- Warnings and Dangers in Luxor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luxor
- 44 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Luxor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luxor
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 48 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 44 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 83 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buckinghamshire Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos