"Northumberland" Northumberland by clairegeordio
Northumberland Travel Guide: 361 reviews and 1,140 photos
Northumberland is England's border county, bordering with Scotland. It is the least densely populated county in England. It has a National Park and a higher number of castles than any other county. It has Hadrian's wall, which is the country's largest world heritage site.
Places of interest in Northumberland include the market town of Alnwick with it's castle, Bamburgh castle, Holy island and Hadrian's wall.
I have visited Northumberland several times, as my parents-in-law live in Tyne and Wear - the neighbouring county. When we visited in August 2006, I was taken aback with the beautiful scenery and hills full of heather.
Please check back every now and again as my page may be updated from other trips to this area while visiting family.
Wallington is a beautiful mansion, dating from 1688 and was last owned by the Trevelyan family. It is now run by the... more travel advice
Housesteads is the best known and most complete fort on Hadrian's wall and is owned by the National Trust. It is... more travel advice
clairegeordio's Related Pages
Northumberland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glorious Northumberland"
- "Northumberland - Northen Edge Of England"
- "North Northumberland"
- "Walking Hadrian's Wall"
- "England's Most Northerly County"
- "Ben-UK's Northumberland page"
- "Wild and beautiful."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northumberland
- Hotels in Northumberland
- Transportation in Northumberland
- Nightlife in Northumberland
- Restaurants in Northumberland
- Shopping in Northumberland
- Warnings and Dangers in Northumberland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Northumberland
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Northumberland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northumberland
Photos in NorthumberlandSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 48 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 44 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 83 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 37 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 30 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buckinghamshire Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
Top Northumberland hotels
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 151 Photos
- Alnwick Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Hexham Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Blyth Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Bamburgh Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Morpeth Hotels
- 1 Review
- Seahouses Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Lindisfarne Hotels
- 86 Reviews - 247 Photos
- Haltwhistle Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Dunstanburgh Castle Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Corbridge Hotels
- 1 Hotel