Amantea Packing List Tips by mapakettle
Amantea What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
double the absorbancy
Luggage and bags: Our preference for baggage are back packs. A year ago, we wouldn't be caught dead with one, now, our luggage is in storage. Best for travelling on trains, buses, and small cars. If you feel the need for a proper suitcase, be sure to purchase one that is narrow enough to roll through the train aisles. When packing, be sure you can lift the (full) case above your head with relative ease. Storage on trains and buses is mostly above head height. Be aware too, most train stations have numerous flights of stairs you must navigate, often on the fly because frequent last minute binari changes (platforms) will keep you guessing.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Formal attire is not required. Sports jacket...why? Just cotton shirts or blouses, shorts, loose skirts, sandals, T-Shirts, and numerous changes of underwear...very hot and muggy, nice to change frequently.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Advil, because it's not available in Italy, sunscreen, and a powder if you are prone to chaffing (due to perspiration). We discovered Vagisil to work exceptionally well, as suggested by Anna at the local pharmacy. Guys, don't be embarrased, nothing else will work as well. Just remember to place it on 'her' side of the bathroom shelf while on vacation, or remove the label if travelling alone.
Suggest Tums, because meals are often served late in Southern Italy (nine is early...) and the food so good, over eating is common.
Photo Equipment: Lots of film, or large capacity memory for your Digital Camera, and spare batteries.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Unless you plan on sitting on an isolated beach somewhere (you'd miss the 'view' and the life of the beach), chairs and umbrellas are widely available. If you're staying at La Gran Savana, grab a spot, and the beach guy will eventually come and save those particular umbrella and chairs for the duration of your stay.
Miscellaneous: Bring your 'Happy Face', because Southern Italians enjoy life. You can expect wonderful Southern Hospitality, the same as in the States.
More Reviews (12)
- See All They had a vision...
- See All Big bathrooms...
- Wander, explore...
- See All Taxi ? Not too likely.
mapakettle's Related Pages
Amantea Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Amantea
- Hotels in Amantea
- Transportation in Amantea
- Nightlife in Amantea
- Warnings and Dangers in Amantea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amantea
- 13 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Amantea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amantea
Photos in AmanteaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 94 reviews, 179 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 53 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montecchio Maggiore Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Lucia di Piave Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Calalzo Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carolei Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dachau Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos