Padova Favorite Tips by mapakettle Top 5 Page for this destination
Padova Favorites: 45 reviews and 84 photos
been opening 'inwards' for years
Fondest memory: Be aware, that in Italy, the doors to shops and restaurants open 'inward' as opposed to opening 'outwards' as we are used to in North America.
It certainly makes it easier to open the door for the fair sex as you are leaving a shop, but coming in poses a problem.
We've been here over a year, and still make the door slam and the windows shake when we attempt to open the door.
In North America it is a fire regulation which is strictly enforced, the reason is that doors should open 'outwards' in order to prevent a pile up at an exit in case of fire. Makes sense, whereas here, if the door were to open 'outward', it could strike the car that is parked on the sidewalk.
Each case has its merits.
Fondest memory: For a funny slant on Life in Italy, please click on to the following site. I have never laughed so loud or so long as I did watching this clip.
Please note I take no credit for the production, but I wish I had this talent.
Padova people make me feel good, like sunflowers..
Favorite thing: Basilica of St. Anthony...you can't wear shorts.
PLUS, the market squares:
Piazza Erbe for a selection of odds and ends, clothing, handbags, knick nacks etc., etc.
Piazza Frutta for the freshest assortment of fruits and vegetables, spices, and candy. If you're here in the fall, look for freshly roasted chestnuts, and buy the largest bag they offer, or you'll just have to backtrack to purchase more later. (wonderful hot)
Beneath the Palazzo della Ragione, you'll find two aisles of fish mongers, cheese venders, and delicatessens (salumerie). Fresh, fresh, fresh.
Fondest memory: The people. Padova has very nice, warm, and caring people. This is a generalization of course, but we have found that shopkeepers try very hard to accomodate, bus drivers always lend a hand when questions arise, and the customer service people at the train station are outstanding.
Italian people want to learn English, therefore will attempt to speak to you in English whenever possible. I am embarrassed when I compare my feeble linguistic skills to theirs.
More Reviews (91)
- See All This is the worst ever...!!!
- See All Need a travel agent for Italy?
- See All Caffetteria Manin
- See All A Church built of straw...well wheat...
- See All Fog, about 8am.
- See All Local Police Station
- See All A Jewel hidden in backstreets of the...
- See All Looks like rain...
- Bathrooms, wonderful inventions in time...
- See All Actually, we go Saturday afternoon....
- Dare I say it.......?
Been to Padova?Share your travels with the world!
mapakettle's Related Pages
Padova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Padova...our new home...for now"
- "PADOVA - PADUA"
- "Focal Point of the Past"
- "Padova, Padua, Padoa, Patavium"
- "Prato della Valle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Padova
- Hotels in Padova
- Transportation in Padova
- Nightlife in Padova
- Restaurants in Padova
- Shopping in Padova
- Warnings and Dangers in Padova
- See All...
Explore the World
- Malamala Island Hotels
- Brownsville Hotels
- Hedemora Hotels
- Cherating Beach
- Cala Ratjada
- Provincia de Hato Mayor
- Naogaon Hotels
Badges & Stats in Padova
- 94 Reviews
- 175 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 100 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Padova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padova
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hello good friends..."
- updated a Padova Travelogue "Meeting BerniShand and RexVaughn for the 1st time"
- Commented on one of suvanki's Padova travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pizza like New York Pizza ???"
- Wrote a Review This is the worst ever...!!! in Padova Restaurants
Photos in PadovaSee All Photos (175)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 94 reviews, 179 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 53 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montecchio Maggiore Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Lucia di Piave Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos
- Calalzo Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carolei Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dachau Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (64)
Latest Padova hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Padova
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Ibis Padova
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Posta '77
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Oct 27, 2006
- Campanile Padova
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Casa a Colori
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Hotel Paradiso
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Galileo Padova
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Sereno
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2012
- Europa Zaramella Padova
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2012
- Hotel Padova Casa del Pellegrino
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hotel Alla Fiera
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 14, 2013
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Belludi 37
- 311 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Biri
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 27, 2012
- Basilica di San Antonio- 28 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Prato della Valle- 27 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Palazzo della Ragione- 16 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Basilica di Santa Giustina- 12 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Bo University- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Scovegni Chapel- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Botanical Gardens- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Cappella degli Scrovegni- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Tomb of Antenor- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Piazza dei Signori- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Padova Things to Do