"Wasaga Beach...Wild and crazy 60's" Wasaga Beach by mapakettle

Wasaga Beach Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 21 photos

This is a cheap shot

I have no right to comment on Wasaga Beach today, because my last visit was almost forty years ago, and I was young, stupid, and most likely full of Molson's Ex.

I slept on the beach, I watched the girls, and I waited for hours to use the public toilet. I ate chips, hot dogs, and chocolate bars, then waited for my face to errupt.

I have no idea if I had fun, because I spent so much time feeling rejected by the sweet young things flaunting their stuff, obviously for others.

To be that young again, no way, the idea sounds great, but the reality, oh the reality, thanks, but no thanks.
At least at my age now, I can afford a hotel. And I can still feel rejected if I wish.

• Pros:the anticipation of a good time
  • Cons:the hours spent on highway 400, crawling along at 5mph
  • In a nutshell:youth is for the young
  • Last visit to Wasaga Beach: Jul 1965
  • Intro Updated Mar 22, 2004

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 1:07 AM

I searched in vain for a photo of an orange-coloured bikini lady. Sad to note that few others share your joyous humour to the same extent as I do, judging by the ratings. Do persevere, we await your first book with bated breath!

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 2:17 PM

Pa, You will ALWAYS be young at heart, and you were never stupid (silly perhaps) A wise man can admit a mistake, and also remember the fun of it. ;-) Great page, Thanks for the laughs. ~Elaine~

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 11:35 AM

Thanks so much for the good chuckle here! This is the most enjoyable page I've read in a long time!

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 4:03 AM

You can't park on the beach, the girls in the orange bikini is still there - probably smaller bikini than you remember!, and the traffic on the 400 still crawls along even with an extra lane. So see things REALLY haven't changed much over the years.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 3:48 AM

Oh Dave, poor silly boy. And I stumbled upon THIS page just after your last question?!? Now I can't just reply, an essay is fermenting ... be patient, please.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for making me chuckle!! As a teen summering near Wasaga, I can vouch for the 'young and foolish' comments! Live, Learn and Smile!! (and count your lucky stars you're still around to talk about it!)

mapakettle

“creases merely show where your smiles begin”

Badges & Stats in Wasaga Beach

Have you been to Wasaga Beach?

Latest Activity in Wasaga Beach