"Barhal Church" Barhal by rjaparidze
Barhal Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 48 photos
Barhal Church is about an hour drive from Yusufeli. It is a Georgian church from Xth or XIth century that has a Basilica shape. It is not really difficult to reach this place. One has to head in the direction of Barhal. The road is ok though on some places the road is unpaved.
There are several pensions in Barhal there where I never stayed because of stopover in Yusufeli.
The Church Barhal is a mosque nowadays. Thanks to this fact it has been preserved in more or less normal shape. Unlike Oshk Vank (the best Georgian church on Turkish territory), Ishan, Yeni Rabat, Bana and Dortkilise this church does not face an imminent threat of collapse.
There are some more remains of the georgian churches one of which I managed to take a photo of. This church was on the top of the hill...
- Pros:Barhal Church and Treking Opportunities
- Cons:Relatively bad road
rjaparidze's Related Pages
Barhal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - Barhal"
- "Backwater peacefulness."
- "Barhal, North Eastern Anatolia"
- "Barhal Church"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Barhal
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Barhal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barhal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 50 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mestia Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Borjomi Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Shatili Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Yusufeli Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ashtarak Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Qax Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Saki 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Trabzon Ili Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos