"Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day" Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi by rjaparidze
T'bilisi Travel Guide: 488 reviews and 1,562 photos
So... Finally I decided to build Tbilisi page and I intend to make it as comprehensive as possible.
What one can say about my city... Well, it definitely is not Paris and definitely gets more and more beautiful every day.
Back in 2001 when corruption was at its high in Georgia I visited Baku and thought that Tbilisi was significantly behind it. Nowadays I think otherwise (and I do not want to specify) and I am pretty confident that this city will attract a lot of tourists in the future.
What is in short the most noticeable that Tbilisi is really distinguished from other cities???
Well I would name the following:
1. Unique architecture
2. Different old town
3. Fantastic food
4. and Georgians themselves
I will be also objective and also indicate what are the negative sides of this city:
1. A lot of garbage and low culture in population for not throwing it out
2. Petty crime (though recent attack on "Vorov V Zakone" (thiefs in law) by President Saakashvili improved situation noticeably)
3. Quite a few beggars in the streets
4. Excessive consumption of alcohol at Georgian Table - Supra (though this does not mean that there are alcoholics roaming in the streets)
- Pros:Location, Architecture, Food and People
- Cons:Garbage, Petty Crime and Beggars in the streets
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a visit
Tourist trail that starts up in old town next to Sulphur Bath is a definite must for anyone who comes to Tbilisi. The... more travel advice
I am not a fan of Opera. Though I realize that a lot of people love it. Inside of the Opera is much better than for ex.... more travel advice
- See All Marriott -- Top End Hotel
- See All Saunas not really Saunas
- See All Turtle Lake Environments
Written May 23, 2007
Tbilisi's Old Ugly Soviet Legacy
Written May 22, 2007
Old Tbilisi -- Nostalgy
rjaparidze's Related Pages
T'bilisi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few quiet days in Tbilisi"
- "Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day"
- "Tbilisi, Georgia"
- "where east meets west"
- "around the old town"
- "charmed by Tbilisi...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in T'bilisi
- Hotels in T'bilisi
- Transportation in T'bilisi
- Nightlife in T'bilisi
- Restaurants in T'bilisi
- Shopping in T'bilisi
- Warnings and Dangers in T'bilisi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in T'bilisi
- 50 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to T'bilisi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in T'bilisi
- Posted in Travel Denmark Forum "Re: SIM card / Phone Operator for..."
- Wrote a Review No. 1 Thing in Tbilisi -- Tourist Trail in T'bilisi Things to Do
- Commented on one of Doctor38's T'bilisi travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rustaveli Ave. -- Tbilisi's Main Ave."
- updated a T'bilisi Travel Page "Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 50 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mestia Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borjomi Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Shatili Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Yusufeli Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ashtarak Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Qax Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Saki 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Trabzon Ili Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos