"Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day" Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi by rjaparidze

T'bilisi Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 1,514 photos

Page under construction

So... Finally I decided to build Tbilisi page and I intend to make it as comprehensive as possible.

What one can say about my city... Well, it definitely is not Paris and definitely gets more and more beautiful every day.

Back in 2001 when corruption was at its high in Georgia I visited Baku and thought that Tbilisi was significantly behind it. Nowadays I think otherwise (and I do not want to specify) and I am pretty confident that this city will attract a lot of tourists in the future.

What is in short the most noticeable that Tbilisi is really distinguished from other cities???

Well I would name the following:

1. Unique architecture
2. Different old town
3. Fantastic food
4. and Georgians themselves

I will be also objective and also indicate what are the negative sides of this city:

1. A lot of garbage and low culture in population for not throwing it out
2. Petty crime (though recent attack on "Vorov V Zakone" (thiefs in law) by President Saakashvili improved situation noticeably)
3. Quite a few beggars in the streets
4. Excessive consumption of alcohol at Georgian Table - Supra (though this does not mean that there are alcoholics roaming in the streets)

• Pros:Location, Architecture, Food and People
  • Cons:Garbage, Petty Crime and Beggars in the streets
  • In a nutshell:Definitely worth a visit
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2007

• June.b's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Excellent Tbilisi page, will be handy on my next trip. Thanks...

• erendilight's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2011 at 4:39 AM

i am planning to start my world journey from georgia and thanks for the very informative and friendly remarks about you city.. it looks very nice and worth seeing:) love from istanbul..

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Kudos to Georgia for once again standing up to the Big Red Machine.

• columbiagrad's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 10:43 AM

My heart goes out to Georgia and her continued fight. I see you are in the top 5 on virtual tourist for georgia. I hope to visit in June. Can you give me the top 5 places in Tbilisi to visit?

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Looks fantastic and I'd love to come but I think it's not easy from the UK

• flynboxes's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Rati..nice page. Great to see locals post on their city/country. Hope to get over there soon.

• Mar 14, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Metechi Church was built in the XIII century by the King of Georgia Demetre II Tavdadebuli (Self-sacrificer)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Excellent, comprehensive and useful tips for any first time vistors to Tbilisi. Enjoyed a virtual tour. Cheers from Penang, SL:)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 5:12 AM

A wonderful page - T'blisi's is a place I'd love to visit, though I'd give the MacDonald's a miss and go looking for some good kachapuri instead. leyle

• Castaner's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Loved your T'bilisi page. I was just getting nostalgic for my trip there a few years ago. I'd love to go back someday. Thanks!

rjaparidze Lives Here!

rjaparidze

“Life is like a box of chocolates; you will never know what you gonna get”

Badges & Stats in T'bilisi

Have you been to T'bilisi?