"GEORGIA" rjaparidze's Profile
And indeed.... Ever wondered from where word GEORGEOUS came from? To explore and find out one needs to come to my country to a genuinely georgeous territory of land located in Caucasus...
The best way first to start exploring my country is probably by going to www.tourism.gov.ge. This is Georgia's Department of Tourism official website which will give a rough idea on the country...
In addition to this there are a number of other sources to find out by simply googling Georgia, Tbilisi....
For short-term visitors who come for 1,2 or 3 days the best is to explore Tbilisi and its surroundings:
1. Narikala castle in Tbilisi
2. Metechi church in Tbilisi
3. Sameba Church in Tbilisi
4. Sulphur Bathes in Old Town
5. Jvari monastery in Mtskheta (about 15 kms from the center)
4. Svetitskhoveli in Mtskheta (about 15 kms from the center)
5. ShioMghvime monasteries close t to Mtskheta (about 26 kms from the center)
6. Zedazeni church close to Mtskheta (about 20 kms from the center, though one needs 4wheeler)
7. Betania Monastery close to Tbilisi/Tskneti (about 20-30 kms from the center, though one needs 4wheeler)
10. Sighnaghi (this is a two hour drive but can be done along with Davit Gareja)
If one wants to explore Georgia more deeply (6-10 days) than go to
Kazbegi by visiting AnanuriChurch (on the way), Sameba Church and Dariali gorge
Kazbegi -- Truso gorge (this is really a fantastic place though one needs a 4wheeler)
Kazbegi -- hike in Khada gorge (do it if one has a guide)
Vardzia -- mini Kapadokia (allocate at least 2 days by inlcuding other sights in the neighborhood)
Davit Gareji Complex
Borjomi Kharagauli National Park (so far the best one in terms infrastructure)
And if you are the one who really wants to go off the beaten track
1. Visit the most beautiful region of Georgia -- Racha
2. Go to Svaneti (wow!)
3. Go to Tusheti (wow! wow!! wow!!!)
4. Go for rafting on river Aragvi
5. Travel to mountainous Achara via Borjomi by staying in Likani
And if you really really really want to know what is Georgia you MUST visit former Georgian Kingdom territories that are now in Turkey. The following sightseeings are the MUST
6. Artanuji castle
and go for rafting on river Choruh...
The travel will be amply rewarded by meeting with very nice and unbelievably friendly local population who drastically changed my attitude towards Turks..
And in addition to everything the above mentioned:
1. Make sure to meet Georgians - they are a bit crazy but a I think nice people (very nice indeed);
2. If there is a sukhishvili ensmeble in Georgia - National Dance Group - definitely go there (here is a utube piece which explains what it is
3. Try the Georgian food - Khachapuri, Khinkali (make sure to learn how to eat it), Shashlik, Bazhe, Nigvziani Badrejani and so on...
4. Go to Sulphur Bathes in Old Town -- it is really something...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 148 Reviews
- 255 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel Denmark Forum "Re: SIM card / Phone Operator for..."
- rjaparidze and kikalena are now friends.
- Commented on evona's profile page
updated their Personal Page "Eastern Turkey -- Artvin and Ardahan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GEORGIA"
- Wrote a Review Restaurant near the Wall in Sighnaghi Restaurants
- updated a Sighnaghi Travel Page "Sighnaghi - major destination in Eastern Georgia"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 50 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mestia Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Borjomi Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Shatili Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Yusufeli Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Ashtarak Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Qax Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Verona 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Saki 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Trabzon Ili Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos