Evanston Transportation Tips by pedersdottir Top 5 Page for this destination
Evanston Transportation: 7 reviews and 5 photos
Davis St. station west exit
Many locals bike. Sights are also easy to reach via the El & Northwestern trains. Stops to consider:
Main St.: for the Main Street shopping district (Old Town) and a post office to mail cards. Walk east 6 blocks to Lake Michigan.
Davis St.: for downtown, Main Post Office, an array of cafe's, restaurants, cinema and Northwestern University. The Victorian lakefront.
Central St: neighborhood shopping, antiques, the best bakery in town, NWU's Ryan Field and Welsh-Ryan Arena. Six blocks east to public golf course. One mile to the Lighthouse Beach and Park.
Evanston Civic Center and wheels
Evanston hopes biking will be the transport of the future. Bike paths are clearly marked out in maps available at recreation centers in town and at City Hall. (Evanston Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave.) To learn more Google on: Evanston Bicycle Plan.
For sales, accessories or repairs, a trio of shops offer expertise:
Evanston Schwinn Cyclery at 2746 Central in the NW part of town. 847-864-6880.
The Pony Shop at 743 Chicago Ave. (Old Town area, 2 blocks south of Main St.) 847-864-5775
Turin Bicycle Shop at 1027 Davis ( just west of downtown) 847-864-7660.
More Reviews (28)
- See All Walk, jog or ski
- See All Merrick Park Rose Garden
- See All Around the World in 1 Hour
- See All The staff of life
pedersdottir's Related Pages
Evanston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Victoriana meets Helmut Jahn on the Lake"
- "A University "Creates" A Town"
- "Evanston Illinois"
- "Evanston, Illinois"
- "Evanston pretty place outside of Chicago"
- "Evanston - north of Chicago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Evanston
- Hotels in Evanston
- Transportation in Evanston
- Nightlife in Evanston
- Restaurants in Evanston
- Shopping in Evanston
- Warnings and Dangers in Evanston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yosemite National Park
- Santa Margherita Ligure
- Kandy Lake Hotels
- New Caledonia Hotels
- Quy Nhon
- Southern Thailand Hotels
- Breckenridge Hotels
Badges & Stats in Evanston
- 30 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Evanston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Evanston
Photos in EvanstonSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 39 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bath Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Evanston Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Detroit Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Pasadena Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Berlin 1 review, 1 photo
- San Diego 1 review, 1 photo