"Ageless London" London by pedersdottir
London Travel Guide: 23,484 reviews and 49,441 photos
Capstone of European culture, London surpasses every other city in global influence. The River Thames runs like an umbilical cord past its heart and out and away to its far-flung colonies. Some would be born into new nations. Many would grow to surpass their 'mother' in stature or fortune. But the memory of that early heartbeat echos on in cities as diverse as Toronto, Delhi, Washington and Sydney. That must explain why millions of us return each year to visit.
Timeless London. London universal. True to herself yet open to the world.
There are over 800 London pages on VT with many suggestions of MUST SEE landmarks. I suspect if you are reading this page now, you already have a notion of your personal Top 10 favorites. By way of General Tips I will point out a few stops along the way that I found interesting, often because of historical associations.
Regent's Park. Oasis of calm in the rush of the city. With playgrounds, a boating lake, and the London Zoo, Regent's... more travel advice
Stroll along the Strand. At one spot the 4 C's of English history meet. The church, the corpsmen, commerce and the... more travel advice
pedersdottir's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 17 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 147 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 39 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bath Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Evanston Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Detroit Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Worth Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Pasadena Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Berlin 1 review, 1 photo
- San Diego 1 review, 1 photo