"Overwhelming Vietnam" Vietnam by MickeH
Vietnam Travel Guide: 12,413 reviews and 30,516 photos
Arriving in Vietnam can be a stressful experience if you havn't had any previous
experience from similar places. I had a pretty good idéa of what to expect so
the chock was not that big, but I think it can be.
There is just so much life everywhere, and sounds and smells and
it all adds up to chaos in the mind of a naive swede.
But this is not so. There is a system underneath all the cacaphony
in the streets. And if you feel overpowered your first days in Vietnam,
simply try to sit down somewhere. Find a (relativley) quiet place to
watch the street life flow past you. Once you pick up the tricks to
getting around you will start to relax and truly enjoy yourself.
This narrow land is so packed with beautiful scenery that it is
almost unfair. From the sprawling Mekong Delta in the south to
the mountains in the north. From the central highlands in the
west to the beautiful coast in the east. And most places
Wherever you travel you will se beautiful scenery, and the
diversity of Vietnams nature is simply fantastic.
Today peace reign in Vietnam, but this was not always so.
The history of this beautiful land is plauged with conflicts and wars.
The most famous was naturally the war agains the USA, but it is far
from the only one. Vietnam have fought the Japaneese, the Chineese,
the French and they ended the terror reign of Pol Pot in Cambodia.
And all that was just in the last 100 years or so.
So it is understadable that the vietnameese people bow down
for no man, soldier or tourist. It is a proud people, and they have
every right to be.
We picked up a couple of packages of this candy in the mekong delta. And I really wished we had bought more, since it is... more travel advice
We stopped one afternoon at this place, called Monkey Beach. There where, as the name implies, monkeys running around on... more travel advice
MickeH's Related Pages
Vietnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- "Tampa_Shawn Visits Vietnam"
- "Count your Dong in Vietnam"
- "A Mc Donalds and tampoons free country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vietnam
- Hotels in Vietnam
- Transportation in Vietnam
- Nightlife in Vietnam
- Restaurants in Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vietnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vietnam
- 35 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vietnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietnam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 42 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Guadeloupe Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Sweden Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Västerås Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Jem Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
Top Vietnam hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- 3081 Reviews - 6928 Photos
- Hanoi Hotels
- 2675 Reviews - 5717 Photos
- Nha Trang Hotels
- 442 Reviews - 999 Photos
- Vung Tau Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Phan Thiet Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 408 Photos
- Da Nang Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Da Lat Hotels
- 249 Reviews - 798 Photos
- Hue Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1656 Photos
- Hoi An Hotels
- 797 Reviews - 1713 Photos
- Sapa Hotels
- 175 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Hon Mun Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Can Tho Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 275 Photos
- Phu Quoc Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 246 Photos
- Quy Nhon Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Ha Long Hotels
- 447 Reviews - 1521 Photos