"Where the seagulls cry" Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg by MickeH

Göteborg Travel Guide: 942 reviews and 1,858 photos

The Name issue

Hello there all travellers in time.
And welcome to:

Göteborg, as it is called in Sweden,
Götet as it is called by it's inhabitants,
Gothenburg as it is called by the english speaking world.

I shall from now on call it Gothenburg as the text is in english.

My hometown

This is my home town so I might be a bit "home blind". But hopefully I will give you an honest picture of what Gothenburg is like.

This page will probably be under constant construction and reconstruction as time passes by. I hope this will be a positive thing rather than negative.

Anyway, enjoy my home town!

Frölunda Indians - CHAMPIONS 2005

For the second time in three years we celebrate the Swedish Icehockey Champions Frölunda Indians !

30.000 fans sang and chanted under a gray sky on april 12 2005.

The NHL lockout has made the swedish leauge one of the best leauges in the world, and Frölunda reigned surpreme throughout the season.

And what an atmosphere we have! But don't take my words for it. Here canadian hockey star Sheldon Souray describes the fans of Frölunda:

"Now we’re on their ice for the next two games. They love to hate you so much in Swedish rinks that I think the crowd does have an influence on the game. A lot more than in the NHL, I’d say.

They’re so vocal about it. If you go to Boston and they don’t like you, when the Bruins score a goal the fans jump out of their seats. But here, every time you touch the puck, there’s a chorus of boos. They’re chanting the whole game, and once you get down in a game, it’s hard not to notice them."

FRÖLUNDA INDIANS - CHAMPIONS!!

• In a nutshell:The Pride of Sweden ;-)
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2008

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Heading to your fine city next week in search of winter cheer. Thanks for the useful tips:) You should really have a Liverpool match on your front page though;)

• Nov 5, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Your hometown is rather interesting. You have presented a well thought out travel page. I could feel your love for your hometown.

• Jun 15, 2007 at 7:58 AM

I hope that you are going to watch a match between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray in Turkey,especially in Fenerbahce stadium one day. Frolunda Indians supporters are nothing compared with Fenerbahce fans :)

• Apr 1, 2007 at 9:40 PM

thanks for the photo of the backsides of sexy footballers (your GAIS album). my day is now a happy one!!! :)

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2007 at 8:28 AM

Superduper! Fast jag tror Kronans militärmuseum har stängt. Du får uppdatera Gamla Ullevi också nu. :)

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Hej, Great tips. Cheers, Abu

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Hi, I will be here again for a wedding in August. Would be great to have a meeting then. Will let you know the date in time. Har det bra, Christian.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 12:34 PM

I think you should update your bungyjmping tip as I think the place had a death so people who get bored of dead kings will have to go elsewhere?? Otherwise good tips.Tim

• maria_hz's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Hejsan Micke, great Gbg tips, learned some new things too! I am still far behind as you noticed, but more will be coming, over time. Love Gbg :) China is good to me, such an experience living here.

• Shibiru's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 11:00 AM

hey :) I just had a look at ur nightlife tips...dancing dingo isn't there:) well it's the only place I got to know,'cause my boyfriend was working there :)

MickeH Lives Here!

MickeH

“Travelers are just pretentious tourists”

Badges & Stats in Göteborg

Have you been to Göteborg?

Latest Activity in Göteborg