"Where the seagulls cry" Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg by MickeH
Göteborg Travel Guide: 906 reviews and 1,739 photos
Hello there all travellers in time.
And welcome to:
Göteborg, as it is called in Sweden,
Götet as it is called by it's inhabitants,
Gothenburg as it is called by the english speaking world.
I shall from now on call it Gothenburg as the text is in english.
This is my home town so I might be a bit "home blind". But hopefully I will give you an honest picture of what Gothenburg is like.
This page will probably be under constant construction and reconstruction as time passes by. I hope this will be a positive thing rather than negative.
Anyway, enjoy my home town!
For the second time in three years we celebrate the Swedish Icehockey Champions Frölunda Indians !
30.000 fans sang and chanted under a gray sky on april 12 2005.
The NHL lockout has made the swedish leauge one of the best leauges in the world, and Frölunda reigned surpreme throughout the season.
And what an atmosphere we have! But don't take my words for it. Here canadian hockey star Sheldon Souray describes the fans of Frölunda:
"Now we’re on their ice for the next two games. They love to hate you so much in Swedish rinks that I think the crowd does have an influence on the game. A lot more than in the NHL, I’d say.
They’re so vocal about it. If you go to Boston and they don’t like you, when the Bruins score a goal the fans jump out of their seats. But here, every time you touch the puck, there’s a chorus of boos. They’re chanting the whole game, and once you get down in a game, it’s hard not to notice them."
FRÖLUNDA INDIANS - CHAMPIONS!!
- In a nutshell:The Pride of Sweden ;-)
This place is a classic in Gothenburg. A favourite with the expats, it is run by an english guy that has to be among the... more travel advice
There are six words that describe this place. ''Mmm Mmm Mmm, finger lickin' good!'' There are many different things on... more travel advice
Written Apr 4, 2007
GAIS Football Club
Written May 9, 2016
Frölunda Indians - Champions 2005
MickeH's Related Pages
Göteborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice place to grow up in"
- "Henrik's Göteborg page"
- "Where the seagulls cry"
- "Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city"
- "Heaven should be spelt: "Gbg"."
- "IFK Göteborg - king of the town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Göteborg
- Hotels in Göteborg
- Transportation in Göteborg
- Nightlife in Göteborg
- Restaurants in Göteborg
- Shopping in Göteborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Göteborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Göteborg
- 42 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Göteborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Göteborg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 42 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Guadeloupe Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Sweden Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Västerås Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Jem Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos