"MickeH was here" MickeH's Profile
It's been some time since anything happened on this page. That's simply due to the fact that I feel that very little can be added to already existing tips on the trips I've been. It'd just be so much more of the same... But who knows, maybe I'll add my bit to the pile eventually anyway!
For my next big one I want to go to south or central america. Probably. Maybe. I have it on good authority that Guatemala might be a truly wonky destination so that might be it. Venezuela is an idea as well as Bolivia. Time will tell, and I have lots of time. I might even learn some spanish before going.
Next trip: Dublin
Guinness, Kilkenny etc...
Latest trip: Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe was truly great. Just what you might imagine a carribbean island would be. Great beaches, cheap rum, diving, fishing, djungle. Complete with a volcano and all. I loved it and we had a great time. Pictures and tips to come.
Ok, so there were no glory in the cards for Sweden this time either...
Had a fantastic trip though! Football, beer, friendly people, party... Almost to good to be true. Except for Germany nocking Sweden out and the referee beeing a complete wanker.
Anyway, I set up a couple of travelogues from my trip during the World Cup, so please have a look!
World Cup - Part 1
World Cup - Part 2
Go Sweden Go!
2005 (wow, was it that long ago??) I made two trips I have always dreamed of, Beijing and Vietnam. Both were absolutley great and the tips are now up for all to se. Enjoy! (Hopefully)
Check the pages:
MickeH's Beijing Page
MickeH's Viet Nam Page
Every guy, and gal, need a hobby or two to fill their spare time.
Mine are football and fishing.
Other than that, I don't know what to write, but feel free to ask.
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people" Mikael Helm
I love watching it, playing it, arguing about it, everything about it. I know some people find that immensely annoying...but what can you do?
Do I play in a club? No, too serious.
What team do I support? GAIS, is there any other?
Like to argue about it? Yes, if you suppot GAIS, you have to...
But if the weather don't allow for football? There is always 'Pro Evolution Soccer' and 'Football Manager' on the computer...
10 Games I must see before I die:
1. Fernerbache - Galatasaray
2. Celtic - Rangers
3. Arsenal - Man Utd
4. Barcelona - Real Madrid
5. River Plate - Bocca Juniors
6. Palmeiras - Corinthians
7. AC Milan - Internazionale
8. Roma - Lazio
9. Millwall - West Ham
10. Catania - Palermo
Fishing is the best thing in the world if you want to get away for a while. I can just fish for hours without a single fish coming even close to biting. Granted, I would rather catch fish than not, but just beeing by the lake melts away tiredness, irritation and stress. Best medicine in the world.
Mainly fish in the lakes, and mainly for bass and pike. But to be honest, what I catch most of all is various waterplants... Maybe it's time to think about becoming a vegetarian!
Check out my Fishing travelogue
Where to go... where to go...
Ok, so it's time to think about where to go next. So many destinations and so little vacation/money...
Somewhere in south or central america sounds promising. I'm thinking Guatemala, Mexico, Bolivia or Venezuela.
But then there is the Euro 2008 in Austria/Schweiz that I don't want to miss.
And for some reason 1000-1 underdog Uzbeckistan is coming strong on the far stretch...
It's anyones race!
Some other places, no particular order:
I want to go to almost every place I have not already been to, and many of the places I have, but these were the locations that popped into my head right now.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 161 Reviews
- 291 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- MickeH and cielo85 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: Tatto studio?"
- Commented on willy_wonka's profile page
updated their Profile Page "MickeH was here"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Where the seagulls cry"
- updated a Göteborg Travel Page "Where the seagulls cry"
- Wrote a Review Beaches in Guadeloupe Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 42 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Guadeloupe Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Sweden Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turku Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Västerås Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Jem Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos