Brantford Packing List Tips by lovemycacti
Brantford What to Pack: 2 reviews and 0 photos
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Although it is little known and almost never seen, it is legal for a woman to walk around any city in Ontario - topless. The majority of people frown upon this, especially in conservative Brantford. For your safety, I strongly advice against this.
Miscellaneous: Be sure to bring the neccessities! Ontario residents pay a painful 15% tax on products. Although most foreign visitors can reclaim this, most never do so be sure to get receipts.
Luggage and bags: Leave room in your suitcase when you come, so that you'll have plenty of space to haul back some great shopping finds at one of our many unique, family run businesses!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Contrary to many American beliefs we don't all live in igloos. In our summer months (June, July & August), we sure get hot, hot hot! That means we crank up the air conditioners (that helped to attribute to that huge power outage like most of Ontario and New York had in the summer of 2003.)
When visiting in the winter, be sure to pack big, thick sweaters and a coat as we have many days in January and February that will see a high of -25' C! So pack accordingly.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: With a population of near 100,000...Brantford thankfully has a few stores open 24 hours in case you should run out or forget something.
IGA Grocery Store in West Brant and A&P on St. Paul Avenue are open 24 hours and many of our chain pharmacies such as Shoppers Drug Mart, are usually open until midnight.
Photo Equipment: I could be wrong, but at last check Brantford doesn't have an internet cafe, which means you won't be able to upload pictures taken with digital cameras if you run out of space on your digital camera memory chip.
If you do find yourself in this predicament you could always buy a new chip at one of our many tech stores.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: We have many sporting goods stores so if you do forget something don't worry too much you can buy another.
If you're wondering where our male population can be found - look no further than one of our two Canadian Tire stores.
More Reviews (46)
- See All In Love With Nature
- See All Other Historic Attractions
- See All Antique Treasures on the Cheap
- See All If You Have Expensive Taste
- See All Earl Haig Family Fun Park
- See All Thriving Theatre, Arts & More
- See All To be continued...
- See All We Take Tim Hortons Coffee Seriously.
- See All Six Nations Reservation
- See All Update Your Maps & General Knowledge
- See All Island Fever
- See All Breathtaking Views
lovemycacti's Related Pages
Brantford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City with Hidden Delights"
- "Brantford-Where I live"
- "Brantford... The River Runs Through it."
- "Where I lived for 8 months"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brantford
- Hotels in Brantford
- Transportation in Brantford
- Nightlife in Brantford
- Restaurants in Brantford
- Shopping in Brantford
- Warnings and Dangers in Brantford
- See All...
Explore the World
- Canary Islands Hotels
- La Fortuna Hotels
- Mesquite Hotels
- Segesta Hotels
- My Tho
Badges & Stats in Brantford
- 48 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brantford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brantford
Photos in BrantfordSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Brantford Intro, 48 reviews, 24 photos
- Las Vegas 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Albuquerque 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Boston 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montreal 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Pittsburgh 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Sedona 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lansing 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharon 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tucson 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Brantford hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Brantford
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013