Brantford Transportation Tips by lovemycacti
Brantford Transportation: 3 reviews and 1 photos
Brantford has a regular bus system between the hours of 6am-6pm for the price of $2 one way and less for children. If you need to get around by bus after those hours, you're in luck.
Brantford Transit's Dial-A-Bus service is unique. All that you need to do is call a Dial-A-Bus dispatcher at 753-3847, at least 1/2 hour before you wish to travel.
They will schedule your trip with other trips and give you an approximate time that the bus will pick you up. You will then be dropped off at your destination. In most cases, the bus will have other pick-ups and drop-offs along the way.
This is a great idea for people who need to get around after normal bus hours (6pm) and much cheaper than a taxi, as long as you don't mind a little extra waiting time.
Phone: (519) 753-3847
Like many cities, Brantford has its own number of frustrating one way streets, but to locals they are quite tolerable. Even if you are not from the area you should be able to catch on quickly and safely. Most are located within the downtown district such Dalhousie Street and Colborne Street.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with our driving signs and laws if coming from outside of the country.
At a traffic stoplight, it is okay to make a right hand turn on a red light - unless unsafe to do or otherwise posted.
Particularly, take extra care around more complex intersections such as the one where Brant Avenue meets St. Paul Avenue, as well as where Wayne Gretzky Parkway meets Lynden Road.
Be sure the map of Brantford you are toting around with you is updated! In the last few years the city has really re-arranged the North End in the Lynden Park Mall district.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (46)
- See All In Love With Nature
- See All Other Historic Attractions
- See All Antique Treasures on the Cheap
- See All If You Have Expensive Taste
- See All Earl Haig Family Fun Park
- See All Thriving Theatre, Arts & More
- See All To be continued...
- See All We Take Tim Hortons Coffee Seriously.
- See All Lady Godiva's Best Dream & Worst...
- See All Six Nations Reservation
- See All Island Fever
- See All Breathtaking Views
lovemycacti's Related Pages
Brantford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City with Hidden Delights"
- "Brantford-Where I live"
- "Brantford... The River Runs Through it."
- "Where I lived for 8 months"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brantford
- Hotels in Brantford
- Transportation in Brantford
- Nightlife in Brantford
- Restaurants in Brantford
- Shopping in Brantford
- Warnings and Dangers in Brantford
- See All...
Explore the World
- New Smyrna Beach
- Houghton Lake Heights Hotels
- Dien Bien Phu
- Leaf River Hotels
- Periyakulam Hotels
- Salango Hotels
Badges & Stats in Brantford
- 48 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brantford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brantford
Photos in BrantfordSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Brantford Intro, 48 reviews, 24 photos
- Las Vegas 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Albuquerque 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Boston 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montreal 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Pittsburgh 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Sedona 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lansing 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Sharon 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tucson 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Brantford hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Brantford
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013