VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"My 2nd home Sweet Home" Waikiki by pamstravels

Waikiki Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 907 photos

Waikiki - Fort DeRussy Beach

I lived in Hawaii in the 80's and have always felt that this was my home. You could say I left my heart in Honolulu. My husband and I went back in January 2005 for a 2nd trip and this one was better than ever! We visited friends and family for 4 glorious days and had a handsome, knowledgeable and patient guide show us some 'off the radar' places. When our 4 days were over, as much as I was looking forward to visiting the other islands, I wanted to stay here longer. I was leaving my heart behind AGAIN.

Please be sure to check out my other Hawaii Pages. I am adding new tips and photo's everyday, so it would check back often!

LAHAINA
KAUAI
And my favorite activity in Kauai, our HELICOPTER RIDE IN KAUAI

View from Queen Kapiolani Hotel

I took this picture from the lanai of our penthouse room (sounds good at least!) of the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. Great budget hotel, not a resort, overlooking Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head.

• Pros:Active, Window Shopping, People Watching
  • Cons:Crowded, Overpriced
  • In a nutshell:I love this place!
  • Last visit to Waikiki: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Sounds like you did well with your hotel choice - not an easy task in Waikiki! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 6:26 AM

Looks like lots of folks consider Hawaii their second home like us! Nice pages on Hawaii! ~ Andy

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2005 at 1:40 PM

Hey Pam: Love the surfin' picture!

• janiac's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 3:57 PM

Ahh, I wished I lived in Hawaii. What a beautiful place -- great pages!

• ccvisit's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 10:21 AM

Hi, Pam. Honolulu is my 2nd home sweet home too! Welcome to VT and I look forward to learning more about your travels. //c.

pamstravels

“Laughter is the same in every language”

Badges & Stats in Waikiki

Have you been to Waikiki?

Latest Activity in Waikiki