"Baguio, Summer Capital of the Philippines!" Baguio by sweet_sentiments
Baguio Travel Guide: 328 reviews and 894 photos
Pine trees, a climate that's favourable to health, a peaceful ambience. Baguio is one place surreal that many would want to pocket and take home.
Here is where you'll find the ff:
1. Flowers. From Malaysian mumps, statice, star gazer lilies to roses of different colours-Baguio has them and more, all year round. The climate enables almost all flowers to grow, sprout and blossom.
2. Vegetables. There are no seasons for vegetables here in Baguio.
3. Fruits. In Baguio, you can have a fiber-rich diet because of the abundance of fruits. Like flowers and vegetables, prices are off-peak during non-rainy seasons.
Strawberries, Baguio's perhaps most famous fruit. Lots of fruit supplies now are imported from Davao, Nueva Viscaya, Australia and Taiwan.
4. Sweets. A sweet tooth can also be indulged here.Jams, brittles, pinipigs, and tarts last here for a long period of time. On the other hand, one must take extra careful in bringing home ube jams because they get spoiled along the way.
5. Walis Tambo. Tiger grass is native to Naguilian mountains, they grow wild within the area. Still a lot of farmers plant I t in order to cope with the high demand of brooms.
6.Wood carvings. Km .6 Road , Tuba, Benguet owes its popularity to its wood carvings shops.
Designs represent different provinces and countries; the bulol is the rice god/god of the harvest in Ifugao, the eagle is the La Union treadmark and the ati-atihan sculptures are inspired by Iloilo, the Bali head and the Siamese are Indonesians designs.
7.Knitted Shirts. Because Baguio is cold, it is but expected that knitted sweatshirts, jackets and cardigans are marketable goods. Balikbayan from the USA and European countries buy piles of these when they come here.
These are just some of the things you can see at Baguio. From left to right: baguio cathedral, baguio market (where you can buy your pasalubongs, souvenirs), botanical garden (gardens and flowers), burnham park (man-made lagoon, boating), mines view park, igorot house
- Pros:Cool climate, lots of strawberries, flowers are cheap, very good ube jam (make sure it's from good shepherd)
- Cons:Very long hours of travel from Manila if you're travelling by land
i love their pizza! there are don henrico's in manila but i like eating at don henrico's baguio........ i dunno it just... more travel advice
ibay's is famous for their silver jewelries...... earrings, rings, necklace, bracelets, brooches depends.... more travel advice
sweet_sentiments' Related Pages
Baguio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BAGUIO CITY OF PINE TREES"
- "Baguio in Bloom"
- "tHe SUMMER CAPITAL OF PHILLIPPINES"
- "The City of Pines & Salad Bowl of the Phils"
- "City of Pines"
- "Baguio - The Flower City of the North"
- "Baguio, Summer Capital of the Philippines!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio
- Hotels in Baguio
- Transportation in Baguio
- Nightlife in Baguio
- Restaurants in Baguio
- Shopping in Baguio
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baguio
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Baguio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 32 reviews, 55 photos
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Palawan Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Sagada Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Vigan Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Province of Cebu Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pagudpud Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Baguio hotel reviews
- Microtel Inn & Suites Hotel
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- La Brea Inn
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Camp John Hay Manor Hotel
- 227 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- AJ's Pension House Inn
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 20, 2013
- Baguio Condotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Mar 1, 2013
- Hotel Elizabeth
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Paladin Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Golden Pine Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Hotel Legarda
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2010
- Baguio Palace Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 16, 2013
- Baguio Hotel Ambassador
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2012
- Ridgewood Residence
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- El Cielito Inn Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Baguio Holiday Villa Court
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- South Drive Manor
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2012