"Saqqara - Old Kingdom's royal necropolis" Step Pyramid of Zoser by kiasu
Step Pyramid of Zoser Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 31 photos
The Zoser Step Pyramid was designed and built for 3rd Dynasty Pharaoh Zoser who ruled from 2667BC to 2648BC by the brilliant high priest Imhotep.
Imhotep used stone instead of mudbrick as building material for the Pharaoh's mastaba and stacked six layer of them to form the prototype of the subsequent smooth pyramids.
- In a nutshell:Witness the evolution of the Pyramids
In order to get a peaceful rest and to safeguard belongings, all pyramids have their false entrances to confuse and... more travel advice
Located at the western side of the Zoser Step Pyramid lies a statue concealed by the authority. One side of the... more travel advice
Written Nov 17, 2004
The wall of Zoser Step Pyramid's complex
Written Nov 18, 2004
Zoser Step Pyramid
kiasu's Related Pages
Step Pyramid of Zoser Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saqqara - Old Kingdom's royal necropolis"
- "Often missed"
- "Pictures of Saqqara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Step Pyramid of Zoser
- Transportation in Step Pyramid of Zoser
- Warnings and Dangers in Step Pyramid of Zoser
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Step Pyramid of Zoser
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Step Pyramid of Zoser?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Step Pyramid of Zoser
Photos in Step Pyramid of ZoserSee All Photos (15)
Top 5 Pages
- Bahrain 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Step Pyramid of Zoser Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Arab Emirates 2 reviews, 2 photos
- South Korea 1 review
- Seoul Intro, 1 photo