"idyllic British Virgin Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands by arasnosliw
British Virgin Islands Travel Guide: 471 reviews and 1,387 photos
A beautiful archipelago of 36 islands in the northern Caribbean. The British Virgin Islands consist of lush, green, rolling hills, with the exception of one. Anegada is a flat coral atoll that merely rises to about 20 ft. above sea level. The islands base economy off of tourism, especially within the sailing industry. This is one of the best places in the world to sail, with constant winds year-round. No wonder why boat enthusiasts from around the world travel here. With extensive coral reefs, the BVI is also a premiere destination for Scuba diving. The famous Wreck of the Rhone is located here as well as the Norman Island Caves.
I adore these islands, although a bit expensive. Next time I return, I'd rather plant my feet on land. After a week on a sailboat with 9 other people, I almost went insane.
Beef Island, home to airport and Trellis Bay
Cane Garden Bay, great wide bay and fantastic music
Frenchman's Cay, good for escaping the tourists
Jost Van Dyke, party island extraordinaire
Marina Cay, tiny yet beautiful
Norman Island, the legendary island that is the setting for Treasure Island
Peter Island, largely undeveloped and snotty resorts
Road Town, capital of the BVI
Salt Island, salt ponds and famous wreck dive
Tortola, largest of the islands
Virgin Gorda, one fat virgin indeed
Pretentious, snotty, unable to deal with bikini clad Sara.... Stay here only if you brought a coat and tie....and if... more travel advice
Hike around and observe all the beautiful and diverse flora on the islands. more travel advice
- See All no phone?! what to do?
- try a "Painkiller"
- See All Road Town
- See All local music with some pirates
arasnosliw's Related Pages
British Virgin Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nature's little secrets indeed!"
- "idyllic British Virgin Islands"
- "A Paradise for Sailors & Divers"
- "Nature's Little Secrets"
- "The marina"
- "The BVI - Another Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in British Virgin Islands
- Hotels in British Virgin Islands
- Transportation in British Virgin Islands
- Nightlife in British Virgin Islands
- Restaurants in British Virgin Islands
- Shopping in British Virgin Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in British Virgin Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in British Virgin Islands
- 45 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to British Virgin Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in British Virgin Islands
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: All good things come to an..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "local architecture"
- updated a British Virgin Islands Travelogue "interesting boat parts"
- Wrote a Review luxury resort in British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Commented on one of zuriga's British Virgin Islands travel pages
Photos in British Virgin IslandsSee All Photos (143)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues