""Onde a terra se acaba e o mar começa" ~Camões" Top 5 Page for this destination Cabo da Roca by arasnosliw

Cabo da Roca Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 447 photos

Cabo da Roca, Portugal - Continental Europe's westernmost point.

They once thought this was the edge of the world, and I can see why. All you can see in front of you is the gaping Atlantic.

I ventured here on quite possibly the windiest and rainiest day ever (sans wind/rain protection). Not to mention that the bus ride from Sintra was so windy that I was viciously carsick by the time I had arrived. With any bad luck, the wind would have blown me off the rugged cliffs and I would have drifted off in the Atlantic while I bent over to spew.

Aside from all this, the trip was entirely worth it. I hiked around a bit, figuring that I was already drenched and mud wouldn't hurt me. Take time to wander around, don't just snap photos at the monument and attack the gift shop.

• Last visit to Cabo da Roca: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2004

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Cabo da Roca was a wonderful place to visit and it was also very nice to meet you Sara.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 1:34 PM

The weather certainly can take centre stage at Cabo da Roca! At least ours was high on the surrounding mountaintops! Great shots of the ocean waves pounding on the cliffs here. My wife was not too impressed by my driving to get here either!

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 1:11 AM

the wild sea...great photos!!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 12:37 AM

Fabulous photos. Love the sun coming through the clouds onto the water. Very "JC" like. That photo of you looks pretty darned gorgeous too (especially considering its "post spew" status. lol!)

• dmrtn's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2004 at 1:55 PM

That ever-so-slight grimace in the car sickness photo :-) An understated classic I think.

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 5:37 PM

Wow ... very cool page :-))

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 11:19 PM

I was there once too! Awesome photos, in spite of your condition ;-)

Badges & Stats in Cabo da Roca

Have you been to Cabo da Roca?