"Palmela" Palmela by arasnosliw
Palmela Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 35 photos
A wine growing and farming region, Palmela remains in my fond memories as a place where I gathered for Sunday lunch, a huge meal lasting all afternoon long. I would be invited to join large family gatherings and snack on olives, cheese, presunto, and drink red wine while waiting for the arroz de pato to be prepared. Soon after meals I would laze my stuffed and inebriated self under the fruit trees to escape the blistering sun, listening to the sounds of dogs barking and roosters crowing and inhaling the fresh country air.
arasnosliw's Related Pages
Palmela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " The seat of Santiago Order "
- "My idea of a perfect little town"
- "Palmela - Knight-Monks village"
- "Palmela, Portugal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmela
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Palmela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmela
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues