"Sesimbra" Sesimbra by arasnosliw
Sesimbra Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 120 photos
Sesimbra is a fishing village on the Costa Azul on the Setúbal Peninsula, just south of Lisbon and west of Setúbal. Quite a bit of development has turned this fishing village into a high-end beach resort town, but it has nowhere near the gawdiness of other such resort towns like those in the Algarve.
The town is situated in the hills, and it is a steep decline down the narrow streets to reach the beach. From the beach you look up towards dramatic cliffs. Sesimbra is wholly surrounded by natural beauty.
Local seafood is mainly tuna and swordfish; make sure and sample these!
I ventured here on a rather tempermental day, the storms that raged up caused almost all the beach-goers to flee. However, when the sun began to shine, I no longer had regrets of coming here.
Traditional red-tiled roofs of houses in Sesimbra. more travel advice
You can rent these paddle-boats with slides attached to them. It seems like a strange novelty, yet they are extremely... more travel advice
arasnosliw's Related Pages
Sesimbra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seaside Sesimbra"
- "Sesimbra, where the southern sun begins"
- "Peace and Quiet in Sunny Portugal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sesimbra
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Sesimbra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sesimbra
Photos in SesimbraSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues