"Sleepy yet Seductive" Top 5 Page for this destination Cahuita by arasnosliw
Cahuita Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 236 photos
Enter the world stark contrasts; lush jungles lie adjacent to white sand beaches. The sleepy, laid back atmosphere of the town is spiced up by tantalizing reggae beats at night. Traditional Costa Rican culture is intertwined with Afro-Caribbean culture. English, Spanish, and Creole is spoken widely.
Cahuita is the quintessential Caribbean costal town, and it still remains rather sleepy although it has gained quite some popularity in recent years. The town is home to one of Costa Rica's smallest national parks. Don't let its size fool you; the park is teeming with wild monkeys, sea turtles, and other stranger creatures. The coral reef just off the coast is the largest on the Caribbean side of the country, creating a home to diverse schools of aquatic life. You can walk for hours within the park and not encounter another soul.
I could lose myself for weeks without even realizing it.
- Pros:nature, unsurpassed wildlife, cheap
- Cons:drug scene leaves town still a bit seedy
- In a nutshell:something for everyone
Now I wasn't planning on sneaking in the park for free, but I ended up somehow at the Puerto Vargas entrance (where you... more travel advice
If you are coming from San José, there is a direct bus to Cahuita that later stops in Puerto Viejo and Sixaola. Catch a... more travel advice
arasnosliw's Related Pages
Cahuita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "aaaaaaaaaaaaaah....Cahuita !!!"
- "Gorgeous park, beaches, great food, mellow vibe"
- "Sleepy yet Seductive"
- "CARIBBEAN BEAT IN CAHUITA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cahuita
- Hotels in Cahuita
- Transportation in Cahuita
- Nightlife in Cahuita
- Restaurants in Cahuita
- Warnings and Dangers in Cahuita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cahuita
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Cahuita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cahuita
Photos in CahuitaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues