Orosí Transportation Tips by arasnosliw
Orosí Transportation: 2 reviews and 1 photos
I came to Orosi directly from San José by local bus. It's a very cheap way to get there but a little difficult to navigate even if you know Spanish. Mind you, this is not gringo infested like many other parts of CR, so not that many people I talked to knew English. Luckily I know Spanish, but that didn't really prevent me from being utterly confused. If you're really uncomfortable with this, take a taxi from San José.
You need to change buses in the city of Cartago and the transfer point is a bit unclear. I would have been in a lot better condition had I asked the bus driver while boarding to tell me where to get off. I figured I could find the transfer point easily on my own, but boy I was wrong. I got off in Cartago on the opposite side of town. Luckily my bus driver was sweet enough that he turned around and drove me personally back to where I needed to be. Talk about great friendliness!
Here's the directions:
-Take the directo bus from the Cartago bus terminal in San José
-The terminal is on Calle 5 and Avenida 18
-You line up and board a bus when it arrives; it leaves when it is full.
Buses are frequent, every 10 minutes or so.
-Get off the bus in Cartago “cerca de las ruinas” and walk to the Orosi bus stop on Calle 6 and Avenida 1.
-This bus leaves hourly, on the hour, on weekdays and every half hour on weekends.
-You will first pass through Paraíso. Once you descend down a winding road into a valley, you know you have arrived in Orosi. You will first see a sports field on your right. Soon thereafter are the main stores in town. Get off the bus anywhere along this road.
More Reviews (11)
arasnosliw's Related Pages
Orosí Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Orosí
- Hotels in Orosí
- Transportation in Orosí
- Restaurants in Orosí
- Shopping in Orosí
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jackson Hotels
- Kampung Tekek Hotels
- Margaret River Hotels
- Peterborough Hotels
Badges & Stats in Orosí
- 12 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Orosí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orosí
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 53 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coimbra Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampa Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Orosí hotel reviews
- Hotel Rio Perlas Spa And Resort
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013