Orosí Transportation Tips by arasnosliw

Orosí Transportation: 2 reviews and 1 photos

don't you love sticking to vinyl seats? - Orosí
don't you love sticking to vinyl seats?

I came to Orosi directly from San José by local bus. It's a very cheap way to get there but a little difficult to navigate even if you know Spanish. Mind you, this is not gringo infested like many other parts of CR, so not that many people I talked to knew English. Luckily I know Spanish, but that didn't really prevent me from being utterly confused. If you're really uncomfortable with this, take a taxi from San José.

You need to change buses in the city of Cartago and the transfer point is a bit unclear. I would have been in a lot better condition had I asked the bus driver while boarding to tell me where to get off. I figured I could find the transfer point easily on my own, but boy I was wrong. I got off in Cartago on the opposite side of town. Luckily my bus driver was sweet enough that he turned around and drove me personally back to where I needed to be. Talk about great friendliness!

Here's the directions:
-Take the directo bus from the Cartago bus terminal in San José
-The terminal is on Calle 5 and Avenida 18
-You line up and board a bus when it arrives; it leaves when it is full.
Buses are frequent, every 10 minutes or so.
-Get off the bus in Cartago “cerca de las ruinas” and walk to the Orosi bus stop on Calle 6 and Avenida 1.
-This bus leaves hourly, on the hour, on weekdays and every half hour on weekends.
-You will first pass through Paraíso. Once you descend down a winding road into a valley, you know you have arrived in Orosi. You will first see a sports field on your right. Soon thereafter are the main stores in town. Get off the bus anywhere along this road.

Mode: AROUND