"Lafayette, Louisiana" Top 5 Page for this destination Lafayette by BarryAir

Lafayette Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 155 photos

My Hometown

Lafayette is the heart of Cajun Country. Beautiful bayous and close to the Gulf Of Mexico. The best foods ever, Crawfish, Shrimp, Oysters, Crab....and so on......and dont fergit Cajun Music!!! I spend most of my "off time" in my garage building a experimental airplane called a "Midget Mustang" It has a Lycoming engine and can cruise at 200 miles per hour.

My House Front

Check out my PACE flag I bought in Assissi, now hanging in my bedroom window...

"PEACE"

My "Midget Mustang" Project

I spend a lot of time in my garage working on my "Midget Mustang" The engine is a Lycoming 0235 and can cruise at 200 MPH.

• Pros:Great food
  • Cons:bad drivers
  • In a nutshell:Love to live here.....
  • Intro Updated Oct 20, 2008

• Aug 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Thanks for letting us see your work in progres. Below are links to a couple pictures we took. http://tinypic.com/r/20j4u9t/3 http://tinypic.com/r/30lch0i/3 Hope you get her in the sky soon, Brad & Kristie

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2008 at 2:06 PM

It's always interesting to read about someone's home town. Cheers, Clive

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Nice tips!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Lovely place. If only there were no hurricanes! You are very brave to remain there. Your airplane looks very interesting. Good luck and let us know when it's ready to fly.

• mariev's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Impressive pictures from Katrina's results - impressive because they are on a personal level.

• Small_World's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 8:30 PM

I think a VT meeting with you and our neighbor from Gulfport would be fabulous! My son's ex-girlfriend is from Lafayette, but I've been there only once. Cool place.

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 6:57 AM

your pool looks terrific:) and the house too ciaoooo

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 6:16 AM

Those pictures are horrifying and important to see!

• jungles's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Thanks Barry for stopping by. It's a work in progress so check back for more tips. Best of luck to you on the second day of hurricane season. My family's in Mobile (where I grew up) so I know what it's like.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 7:13 PM

You are very lucky that your house was spared, but your poor mother and friends and neighbor.

BarryAir Lives Here!

BarryAir

“GO SLOW...ABSORB MUCH”

Badges & Stats in Lafayette

Have you been to Lafayette?

Latest Activity in Lafayette