"BarryAir" BarryAir's Profile
My wife Rika and I took a trip to Italy in 2003. We took a bus tour with Globus. I highly reccomend them as we covered a lot of territory. Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Burano, Verona, Bologna, Sienna, Assisi and more in nine days. 2004 we saw Naples, Positano, Lago Di Bracciano, and extensivle toured Rome.
Well, even though we didnt throw any coins into Trevi Fountain , we returned to Rome in 2004. This time I rented a car for trips to Lago Di Bracciano to see the Italian Air Force Museum, then down to Naples to see Pompeii with a fantastic overnight at Positano after driving the Amalphi coast....The mother mary picture is inside the Church where the mouth of truth is...
Verona,,,,,another beautiful Italian place to visit....while there I got to take a pic of the wife on Juliet's balcony....!
You must see Florence....there is the statue of David, the Ponte Vecchieo over the Arno River and so on....
Lago Di Bracciano is just north of Rome about 30 minits out by car. There you will find the Italian Air Force Museum along the shore of a huge Volcano Lake. The town is wonderful. Be sure to visit the Castle.
Seeing Pompeii was a dream of a lifetime fulfilled! I remember seeing the movie when I was young and being there was mind blowing to say the least...Visit this great site for info...before you go....http://www.pompeiisites.org/database/pompei/pompei2.nsf?OpenDatabase
The picture here is at the Etruscan museum near the Villa Bourgasie...
another must visit if you get the chance.
Baths of the Caracalla
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on kahnjetta's profile page
- BarryAir and Lilasel are now friends.
- Wrote a Review My Midget Mustang in Lafayette Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Midget Mustang"
- Posted in Travel Mainz Forum "Re: Canadians traveling to Mainz"
- created a Rouen Travel Page "Rouen"
updated their Personal Page "Natchez Trace in our Corvette"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lafayette Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Wiesbaden Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Rouen Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Cayman Islands 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 3 photos
- Jamaica 1 review, 1 photo