"BarryAir" BarryAir's Profile

My Travels in Italy

My wife Rika and I took a trip to Italy in 2003. We took a bus tour with Globus. I highly reccomend them as we covered a lot of territory. Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Burano, Verona, Bologna, Sienna, Assisi and more in nine days. 2004 we saw Naples, Positano, Lago Di Bracciano, and extensivle toured Rome.

Italy 2005

Well, even though we didnt throw any coins into Trevi Fountain , we returned to Rome in 2004. This time I rented a car for trips to Lago Di Bracciano to see the Italian Air Force Museum, then down to Naples to see Pompeii with a fantastic overnight at Positano after driving the Amalphi coast....The mother mary picture is inside the Church where the mouth of truth is...

Verona

Verona,,,,,another beautiful Italian place to visit....while there I got to take a pic of the wife on Juliet's balcony....!

Florence

You must see Florence....there is the statue of David, the Ponte Vecchieo over the Arno River and so on....

Lago Di Bracciano

Lago Di Bracciano is just north of Rome about 30 minits out by car. There you will find the Italian Air Force Museum along the shore of a huge Volcano Lake. The town is wonderful. Be sure to visit the Castle.

Pompeii

Seeing Pompeii was a dream of a lifetime fulfilled! I remember seeing the movie when I was young and being there was mind blowing to say the least...Visit this great site for info...before you go....http://www.pompeiisites.org/database/pompei/pompei2.nsf?OpenDatabase

More Rome

The picture here is at the Etruscan museum near the Villa Bourgasie...
another must visit if you get the chance.

More Rome 2

Baths of the Caracalla

• Intro Updated Feb 24, 2008

• annase's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Sorry Barry, missed your Birthday by two days. Happy belated birthday wishes.

• annase's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes Barry. Hope you\re having a great July 4th.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 1:11 AM

.♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, Dear BARRY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*• ♥" <(•¿•)>

• Dec 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

wow you have awsome pics...

• ursa9's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Thank you for the compliments on my Dubai pic. :) Funny, I was just dreaming about it last night. Definitely a place to return! Regards, U

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Hi Barry, thanks for visiting my Brugge page! No, I don't know the book "Brugges Le Mort" - that's a weird title as Brugge seems to be busy always!

• leics's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Thank you! More Malta photos & text to come, but VT was a bit slow yesterday. Think you'd be interested in its history. Best, J

• nyperose's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi, thanks for visiting my Venice page. You have lovely pages about Italy as well:-D

• May 18, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Thanks, Barry. I love that statue.

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 5:35 AM

heyyy if u happen to visit either Pisa or Livorno, we should definately meet ;-) planning to come on a cruise?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!