"The village of Legend." Beddgelert by percy961
Beddgelert Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 81 photos
Beddgelert is a small (only has 2 main streets) picturesque villagein the heart of snowdonia. It a great place to use as a base for exploring the region.
The village is compact and has only a handful of small shops 4 pubs, a couple of Bistro's and a church. Close to the church is the supposed buriel place of "Gelert".
In ancient days, Prince Llewelyn ap Iorwerth decided on a hunting trip and left his infant son in the charge of his faithful dog Gelert. On his return, the prince was greeted by Gelert and Llewelyn noticed first that the dog's muzzle was soaked in blood and then that his precious child was nowhere to be seen.
In a frenzy Llewelyn attacked the dog which fell to the ground, covered in blood. Within minutes, however, he heard a cry and stumbled through nearby bushes only to find his son, safe in his cradle. Beside the cradle lay the body of a giant wolf covered with wounds, the result of a fight to the death with hound Gelert. Llewelyn strode back to his faithful dog which licked his hand as it quietly expired.
- Pros:A great base and picturesque
- Cons:Finding a place with well priced Good food
Another place I cannot inmy heart recommend, the service was slow and the meals were mediocre more travel advice
percy961's Related Pages
Beddgelert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bloomin' Beddgelert"
- "The village of Legend."
- "A cute Snowdonian Village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beddgelert
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Beddgelert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beddgelert
Photos in BeddgelertSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 77 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zante Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pissouri Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lachi Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos