"Cardiff ......My Hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff by percy961

Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,057 reviews and 3,027 photos

Capital City of Wales

Welcome to Cardiff. I have lived in this city for over 40 years. I hope that I can help you learn about our City.

There is plenty for the visitor to see and do...and Hey ! it dos'ent ALWAYS rain here in Wales.

Cardiff is located on the banks of the River Taff, is the capital and largest city (320,000+ inhabitants) of Wales. It's a busy commercial, maritime and university city.

The castle is located in the city centre within the site used by both the Romans and the Normans for defensive purposes. The 12-sided Norman keep still sits on top of a small hill today, providing views over Cardiff's Civic Centre,.

Cathays Park, part of the Centre, has gardens, trees and green spaces. The City Hall (look for the dragon on the domed rooftop), Law Courts and Welsh National War Memorial are in the park, but it's the National Museum and Gallery that is of most interest to visit. It tells the story of the evolution of Wales from the land's beginning and houses a large collection of 18th century porcelain. There are art galleries of European work, including Impressionist paintings and sculpture.

2005

Another year ,another birthday to "celebrate"

• Pros:Great City, Great people.
  • Cons:What cons
  • In a nutshell:Wales in a nutshell.
  • Intro Updated Aug 12, 2006

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Great tips and photos! Wales in general, and Cardiff in particular, look wonderful. Only thing missing on your page is info about Tom Jones. She's a lady ... wo, wo, wo ... she's a lady! Gotta love Tommy! Best from NJ, Bill

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 1:59 AM

Looks like a lovely place that I must visit. ;-)

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Very nice place to live, not too big not too small.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 5:43 AM

I learn something new about Cardiff,every time I look at your pages.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2005 at 9:33 PM

nice. I'll try to follow your advice this week or next. Right, I visited the Castle...next?

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2005 at 7:41 AM

My fathers family immigrated to the US from Wales many years ago. I have always wanted to visit the "homeland",

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 7:15 PM

Its OK Robert, the photo of St Fagan's "Castle" IS at St Fagan's, of course!! Dunno why they call it a Castle, though... it doesnt have turrets & a drawbridge like Castell Coch :)

• MartinSelway's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 4:51 AM

Unless I'm very much mistaken, your photo of the Welsh Folk Museum is actually Castell Coch.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 8:45 AM

What a wonderful looking city. Wales appears to be a place I would like to see. You just never know when I'll get tired of the same places to visit..

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 11:08 PM

Hi Robert, Great page on your town and surroundings. I loved the Arcades and I wish I can make to Caerleon and Caerphilly Castle someday. Thanks for sharing.

percy961 Lives Here!

percy961

“A ship is safe in harbour, but thats not what ships are built for.”

Badges & Stats in Cardiff

Have you been to Cardiff?

Latest Activity in Cardiff