"The Adirondacks" Long Lake by CoAir13
Long Lake Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos
The Adirondacks are located in upstate New York. Hiking here phenomenal....from easy to VERY challenging. There are plenty of campsites, as well as areas where camping is allowed. If you're not a camper, there are plenty of small inns and cabins all over. We stayed in a small cabin equipped with everything, right on the water. This was a spur of the moment trip. One day, I was in the mood to go on a hiking vacation....two days later, I was in the Adirondacks!! For four days, we hiked...and hiked...and hiked. We knew we were going to Long Lake and that was it. We stumbled upon so many interesting places and got all information on what to do, where to go, and what to see from locals. Shop owners, servers at mom and pop diners, even gas station attendants.
We stumbled upon this huge beaver dam on one of our hikes!
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the trail that led me to this view, but the top is called Castle Rock. Perhaps it was the Castle Rock Trail....who knows. It was a fairly easy hike...a couple of hours.
- Pros:A great place for anyone who likes to walk in the woods!
- Cons:So many trails, so little time!!
4 quaint cottages situated along the edge of Long Lake. There is a beach (although it was covered with water when I was... more travel advice
CoAir13's Related Pages
Long Lake Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Long Lake
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Long Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Long Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 47 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Point Pelee Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Carter Caves State Resort Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos