"Carter Caves" Carter Caves State Resort Park by CoAir13
Carter Caves State Resort Park Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 26 photos
Situated in the hills of North Eastern Kentucky...far away from any big town...sits this gem of a park. Underneath this beautiful wilderness, you'll find over 20 caves to explore either on your own or with a tour guide. In addition, there are 26 miles of hiking trails, canoeing and fishing on the Smokey Valley Lake, and horseback riding. This is a "resort" park so you can also golf the 18 hole course, play tennis and basketball, and cool off in the pool!
The caves aren't the only natural wonder on display here! There are several natural bridges scattered throughout the park. Some need to be hiked to, others are a short walk. Be sure to pick up a map at the Welcome Center. It will give you all the details regarding trail length and difficulty. The hikes are all moderate to difficult because of the hilly terrain. It can get steep and drop- offs can be pretty high!
While Summer has it's sun and heat and clear hiking, Spring has its wildflower blooms, and Autumn has its magnificent foliage, Winter is just as good a time to visit as any other season. There are 2 caves closed because of bat hibernation, but all others are open. For Winter tips and photos check out Stephen-KarenConn's Carter Cave page.
- Pros:Unspoiled beauty at its finest!
- Cons:Bugs...and more bugs!
- In a nutshell:A must see for nature lovers!!
There is a miniature 18 hole golf course if you get bored with hiking and caving. Ethan and his friends had fun, but... more travel advice
This is the only choice you have as far as eating out goes. The dining room is informal and comfortable. While the menu... more travel advice
CoAir13's Related Pages
Carter Caves State Resort Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Hotels in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Restaurants in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Carter Caves State Resort Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carter Caves State Resort Park
- Posted in Travel Cleveland Forum "RE: RE: Going to be in Cleveland..."
- updated a Carter Caves State Resort Park Travel Page "Carter Caves"
- Wrote a Review Mini Golf in Carter Caves State Resort Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Food and Drink"
- Commented on one of Stephen-KarenConn's Carter Caves State Resort Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 47 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Point Pelee Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Carter Caves State Resort Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos