"It's Our Time" CoAir13's Profile
If a child lives with criticism
he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility
he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule
he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with jealousy
he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance
he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement
he learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise
he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness
he learns justice.
If a child lives with security
he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval
he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship
he learns to find love in the world.
There are many naysayers in the U.S.(which , apparently, includes most meteorologists!!) who think that global warming does not exist!! I think, in the wake of hurricane Katrina, the time to rethink Global Warming and the threat it poses to this planet... IS NOW!! The best time for such action is when devastation hits close to home! I have heard many people say "What can I do?" and "I can't make a difference!" ... PUH -LEASE. The answer is in the simplest of life's luxuries here in the States.
#1 - Sport Utility Vehicles emit 43% more global warming pollutants than the average automobile. That is 28 pounds per gallon!! If manufacturers were to increase their fleets' average gas mileage by 3 mi. per gallon, the U.S. could save a million barrels of oil a day!
#2 - Fluorescent light bulbs not only burn 10,000 hours longer than regular lightbulbs, they keep more than half a TON of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere during their lifetime. Put a fluorescent light in your kitchen, garage, and/or basement....the littlest of things makes a HUGE difference.
#3 - Use public transportation, rally for bike lanes on roads (get your employer to install bike racks and showers at work), and promote carpooling. Many smaller cities in the U.S. have poor public transportation, but if you speak up and get others to speak up with you, change is possible.
#4 - Know your greenhouse gases. These include water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone. While they are all naturally occurring, HUMAN ACTIVITY has made it WORSE!!! HUMAN INTERVENTION is needed to decrease the amount of these gases being released into the atmosphere, thus, creating a "greenhouse effect".
#5 - Know your bad carbons and what you can do to decrease their emissions!!
b. Perfluorocarbons (PFCs - fluorochlorohydrocarbons - they break down the molecules in the Earth's atmosphere) - Mainly emitted during aluminum smelting...which is why recycling is a GREAT idea!!!
c. Sulfur Hexafluoride - An insulator for high voltage electrical conductors and displaces oxygen. This is why solar and wind energy is a GREAT idea!!
Global Warming is not a fairy tale. If every one of us took ONE step to slow down the process, it would make a HUGE difference!!!
"Keeping to the main road is easy, but people love to be sidetracked."
"The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion."
Mileage craziness is a serious condition that exists in many forms. It can hit unsuspecting travelers while driving cars, motorcycles, riding in planes, crossing the country on bicycles or on foot. The symptoms may lead to obsessively placing more importance on how many miles are traveled than on the real reason for traveling."
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 382 Reviews
- 643 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on colares's profile page
updated their Profile Page "It's Our Time"
- CoAir13 and jumpingnorman are now friends.
- updated a Copenhagen Travelogue "Random Sunday"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Random Sunday"
- Posted in Travel Cleveland Forum "RE: RE: Going to be in Cleveland..."
- Wrote a Review St. Christopher's in Rocky River Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 47 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Point Pelee Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Carter Caves State Resort Park Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos