La Spezia Things to Do Tips by AlexDJ Top 5 Page for this destination
La Spezia Things to Do: 29 reviews and 35 photos
Porto Venere is an amazing place very close to La Spezia, in a quiet corner of the gulf and on my opinion is one of the best location which worth a visit here. From its picturesque port, you may explore the narrow street climbig up to the center and up again to the church that dominates all the town. Here you will find a lot of shops selling the typical dishes of this part of Liguria.
Address: at the south end of gulf of la spezia
Directions: motorway:A12 or A15-by bus:some leave from the main station directly,the most from "Piazza del Mercato" in the centre of town
Features of Via dell'Amore
Towns of Manarola, built on a rock outcrop, and Riomaggiore are linked by a footpath cut out of the sheer rock just few meters from the sea; this romantic pathway, called Via dell'Amore (love street), is dedicated to lovers and offers you a stunning sight of the gulf.
Beach of Monterosso
This small town is renowed for the unspoilt architecture of the medieval center, with pleasent beaches for the peolple who love to enjoy the Dolce Vita!
The five hamlets of Cinque Terre are represented by 5 villages, named Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore, either cling to the cliff face or are concealed in miniature inlets perfectly blending in to this unique and unspoilt landscape.
The area has been turned into a National Park and proclaimed heritage of mankind by UNESCO.
Directions: Wwst coast of Riviera, about 15 Km from La Spezia
the castle and the port of Lerici
The township, which dates back to roman times, is dominated by a medieval castle now transformed in a magnificent paleontologic museum. There are several beautiful villas in this area and the picturesque old township is surrounded by gardens and sunlit beaches.
Address: Gulf of Poets
Directions: east of La Spezia, about 10 km
More Reviews (1)
AlexDJ's Related Pages
La Spezia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Spezia"
- "Cinque Terre"
- "Gulf of La Spezia"
- "The most beautiful coastline in Italy"
- "The Essence of Italy"
- "Jumping off to the Cinque Terre"
- "Cinque Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Spezia
- Hotels in La Spezia
- Transportation in La Spezia
- Nightlife in La Spezia
- Restaurants in La Spezia
- Shopping in La Spezia
- Warnings and Dangers in La Spezia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Spezia
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to La Spezia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Spezia
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 54 reviews, 70 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rimini Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Andalucía Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Berlin Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Spezia Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue