"I Love to Travel!" iluvtrvl's Profile

A little about me

I love to travel because I love to learn of other people, cultures and geography.....plain and simple. Whether it is exploring the beaches or historical areas around Jacksonville where I live, or seeing sights from other countries, there is always something new to learn.

I prefer off-the-beaten path types of traveling, but it is always so difficult to find information. So, VT is a great find for me, and I'm hoping to find many new adventures through here.

Where I've Been...

I've seen so much of the United States, yet so little. I've seen Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helen's, but never to Napa-yet. I've seen Williamsburg and Monticello, but not Mt. Vernon. I've been on 4 of the Hawaiian Islands, but never to Alaska. I've been to New York City and Buffalo, but not to Chicago. I've been to Dallas, Houston and Minneapolis, but not to Miami. I've been to Canada, Germany, Austria, France, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, The Netherlands and Sweden.... and don't think I will ever get enough of any of it. So, while I've traveled a lot, there's still so much I want to see and do. If you think I've been somewhere that I can help you with, just drop me a line and I'll do what I can.

Bon Voyage!

Cruising.....the only way to go!

I love cruises....you unpack once and get to see so much! The food is fantastic, and the ability to really unplug from the world is a reality (no cell service 3 miles from shore, baby!).

Our favorite cruise line is Holland America. Their ships offer more personal space than their competitors, the food and service quality is superb, and their are very few children on board . Don't get me wrong, I love kids, just not on my vacation. Also, the crowd is a bit older - probably averaging mid to late 50's, which is great for us. No fighting for deck chairs, no tired babies needing naps, and nice people to have great conversations with over dinner. If you haven't tried a cruise yet, what are you waiting for???!!!!

• Intro Updated Aug 28, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

iluvtrvl

“Book it and go....or you never will!”

Real Name