"Argegno - Loved Since Roman Times" Argegno by tpal
Argegno Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
We might have skipped Argegno. That would have been a mistake. Our main reason for going there was to catch the ferry to Isola Comacina. Argegno had the most convenient schedule to and from the island but even so it was mid afternoon before we returned. Hungry, we happened upon the La Piazetta Snack Bar and enjoyed one of the best and most reasonably priced panino lunches of our trip .
Rested and fed, it was time to explore. Off we went up a typically narrow walkway ...I mean way up! What we hadn't realized was that the terrain on which Argegno was built was much steeper than what we had previously seen. We climbed and climbed not wanting to give up on what was just a little further up. The payoff was worth it. Quiet winding lanes, Terraced gardens, beautiful houses built on precarious landscapes and most surprising of all a river gorge (actually the Telo Stream) spanned by a Roman bridge.
It seems that once again we had discovered that the best experiences are often unplanned.
How old is Argegno? I don't really know (google probably has the answer). What we did discover was that this bridge over... more travel advice
As we continued to climb the backstreets of Argegno we came across this creative and beautifully maintained terraced... more travel advice
tpal's Related Pages
Argegno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Argegno - Loved Since Roman Times"
- "A woderful town between lake and mountains"
- "Argegno - little gem on Lago di Como"
- "Argegno A Place to Refresh and Move On"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argegno
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Argegno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argegno
Photos in ArgegnoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 16 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Toronto Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Seattle Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos