"Argegno - Loved Since Roman Times" Argegno by tpal

Argegno Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos

Vertically Stunning

We might have skipped Argegno. That would have been a mistake. Our main reason for going there was to catch the ferry to Isola Comacina. Argegno had the most convenient schedule to and from the island but even so it was mid afternoon before we returned. Hungry, we happened upon the La Piazetta Snack Bar and enjoyed one of the best and most reasonably priced panino lunches of our trip .

Rested and fed, it was time to explore. Off we went up a typically narrow walkway ...I mean way up! What we hadn't realized was that the terrain on which Argegno was built was much steeper than what we had previously seen. We climbed and climbed not wanting to give up on what was just a little further up. The payoff was worth it. Quiet winding lanes, Terraced gardens, beautiful houses built on precarious landscapes and most surprising of all a river gorge (actually the Telo Stream) spanned by a Roman bridge.
It seems that once again we had discovered that the best experiences are often unplanned.

Please click below if you are interested in seeing all my Lake Como Tips.

Lago di Como

• Last visit to Argegno: Sep 2004
  • Intro Written Nov 4, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Another lovely page!

• Dec 8, 2005 at 2:24 PM

excellent page! I might have the oppurtunity to live in Argegno this coming summer, and your page is one of the few I found with good pictures and descriptions! thanks!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 8:02 PM

Just lovely!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2005 at 3:05 PM

Yes, a very interesting place to try and garden in! It's a time consuming enough task when you have good terrain! Nice page!

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 2:47 PM

Soooo beautiful. I loved small towns and villages :) Great pics!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 2:13 PM

It looks like you've really been busy building new tips. Interesting serendipity here.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 1:02 PM

Looks like a fine place to get lost in.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 5:38 PM

What a lovely spot! You're so right about the best experiences often being unplanned - I tend to overplan, so I have to keep reminding myself of this!

tpal

“If you don't see it all you have a reason to return!”

Badges & Stats in Argegno

Have you been to Argegno?

Latest Activity in Argegno