"Gravedona - Northern Jewel" Gravedona by tpal
Gravedona Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 22 photos
Gravedona is almost at the northern end of Lake Como. If you have a car the drive up is really beautiful and worth the time. Otherwise I would recommend taking the ferry and walking around. We had been driving for most of the day and had seen a lot of churches and wonderful small towns. Gravedona was larger than most and it seemed worth a little more time.
Carol is an artist and is always keenly aware of light and shadow. It was mid afternoon when we arrived in Gravedona and everything seemed in crisp contrast from the autumn sun. We parked on a shady side lane where gardeners were pruning the trees of a large villa. There was the unmistakable scent of gardenias in the air that seemed to be coming from a tree with tiny white flowers.
We worked our way up the cobbled walkways and found vividly painted buildings of yellow, terra-cotta and coral interspersed with structures completely of stone. As we walked we saw a sign that read "Panorama". We turned the corner and saw a spectacular view of the the town's lakeside with the water sparkling in the afternoon sun.
tpal's Related Pages
Gravedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alto Lario - a new destination?"
- "Relaxing time in a nice town"
- "Gravedona - Northern Jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gravedona
- Hotels in Gravedona
- Transportation in Gravedona
- Nightlife in Gravedona
- Restaurants in Gravedona
- Shopping in Gravedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Gravedona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gravedona
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gravedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gravedona
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 16 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Toronto Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Seattle Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos