"Urbino" Top 5 Page for this destination Urbino by stefano99
Urbino Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 152 photos
The famous renaissance city of Urbino, the birthplace of Raphaello is well worth a visit.
The city is full of steep narrow streets leading to piazzas, few cars are allowed into the city, so it is a pleasant, healthy and interesting walk.
The Duke's palace is a large imposing building and the centre piece of the walled city. The palace contains two famous paintings by Piero della Francesca, 'The Ideal City' and 'Flagellation'.
This photo shows the street leading up from the main carpark into the centre of Urbino.
- Pros:Pretty, historic, university town.
- Cons:Off the beaten track
To get a real feel for life in the university town of Urbino, it is a good idea to get a table in a busy area such as... more travel advice
stefano99's Related Pages
Urbino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's worth trying to find Urbino"
- "Town made of bricks"
- "One of the Reasons We Came to the Le Marche"
- "Urbino, a brief special visit for a Festa del Duca"
- "August 15, 2010: Festa del Duca"
- "Interesting little Urbino"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Urbino
- Hotels in Urbino
- Transportation in Urbino
- Restaurants in Urbino
- Shopping in Urbino
- Warnings and Dangers in Urbino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Urbino
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Urbino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Urbino
Top 10 Pages
- Urbania Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Southern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urbino Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues