"9 Things I Love About Bangkok" Bangkok by Rinjani
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,353 reviews and 22,990 photos
The city of Bangkok is the largest urban area is the capital city of Thailand, a home for around 9,3 million people. (Total population of Thailand is 64 million—United Nations). Bangkok in Thai Language is known as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, or Krung Thep in short. The city became Thailand’s capital since 1782.
Getting to know Bangkok in a relatively very short of time (four days), I already have list of things I love about Bangkok, and I am sure, if I stay longer, the list would getting longer.
1.Smile and Friendly
Like many other Asian culture, people I met in Bangkok is friendly. I love their smiles and friendliness. Although many people I met don’t speak English, but they are helpful and trying to show you direction. Kindness and smile are really universal language.
I am addicted to Thai food. It’s spicy, rich of flavor with fresh ingredients and considerably cheap. During our stay in Bangkok, we never found any food which is not delicious, either we eat in the restaurant or taste street foods,they all are delicious!.
3. Chao Praya River
The river is big and long (some 350 km?). I love to explore canal by river boat, looking to people houses and garden, temples and people activities. Chao Praya River should not be missed.
4. Thai Massage
Should I say more about this? The Thai massage is relaxing and stretching your sore muscle in lazy stretching exercise (because the therapist did the stretching for you)
Later we found out that during our short stay, we tried most of transportation modes in Bangkok namely sky train (BTS), MRT, Public Bus, River boat, Tuk-Tuk, Taxi and we loved them all
There are thousands of temples in Thailand and some 500 temples alone in Bangkok. Mostly, the temples are Buddhis temples. The most visited temples in Bangkok (and should not be missed) is Grand Palace and Wat Arun, but if you are into temple hopping to admire its architecture and feel the serene peaceful atmosphere, Bangkok is definitely a place to go.
7. Shopping Malls
Shopping malls in Bangkok are many and it is just nice to see its concept. For example, Terminal 21 Mall in front of Ashok Station has airport concept. Siam Paragon , MBK and Central World have so many interesting stuffs that time flies.
8. Chatuchak Market
We spent nearly full day in this weekend market. There are lot things to see and to buy, and we can’t get enough. The fact that many ATMs and international courier like DHL and UPS available in the market are really big temptations to get more stuff and send them back home.
Although not so keen about nightlife scene, I found that nightlife in Bangkok is fascinating. Pubs, clubs to goo goo bars are enough to make the nightlife goers busy.
- Pros:Good food, interesting temples, love Thai Massage
- In a nutshell:When Food and Cultures Collide
We consider this as best value and best location while staying in Bangkok. Shukumvit area is busy area, with shopping... more travel advice
Take your time to walk around Grand Palace and in the Old City, it is nice spot to walk around, sightseeing and window... more travel advice
Rinjani's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 16 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 127 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 86 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 77 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 67 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Flores Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banda Aceh Intro, 49 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banjarmasin Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos