"9 Things I Love About Bangkok" Bangkok by Rinjani

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

Short about Bangkok’s fact

The city of Bangkok is the largest urban area is the capital city of Thailand, a home for around 9,3 million people. (Total population of Thailand is 64 million—United Nations). Bangkok in Thai Language is known as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, or Krung Thep in short. The city became Thailand’s capital since 1782.

Getting to know Bangkok in a relatively very short of time (four days), I already have list of things I love about Bangkok, and I am sure, if I stay longer, the list would getting longer.

9 Things I love About Bangkok

1.Smile and Friendly
Like many other Asian culture, people I met in Bangkok is friendly. I love their smiles and friendliness. Although many people I met don’t speak English, but they are helpful and trying to show you direction. Kindness and smile are really universal language.

2. Food
I am addicted to Thai food. It’s spicy, rich of flavor with fresh ingredients and considerably cheap. During our stay in Bangkok, we never found any food which is not delicious, either we eat in the restaurant or taste street foods,they all are delicious!.

3. Chao Praya River
The river is big and long (some 350 km?). I love to explore canal by river boat, looking to people houses and garden, temples and people activities. Chao Praya River should not be missed.

4. Thai Massage
Should I say more about this? The Thai massage is relaxing and stretching your sore muscle in lazy stretching exercise (because the therapist did the stretching for you)

5. Transportation
Later we found out that during our short stay, we tried most of transportation modes in Bangkok namely sky train (BTS), MRT, Public Bus, River boat, Tuk-Tuk, Taxi and we loved them all

6. Temples
There are thousands of temples in Thailand and some 500 temples alone in Bangkok. Mostly, the temples are Buddhis temples. The most visited temples in Bangkok (and should not be missed) is Grand Palace and Wat Arun, but if you are into temple hopping to admire its architecture and feel the serene peaceful atmosphere, Bangkok is definitely a place to go.

7. Shopping Malls
Shopping malls in Bangkok are many and it is just nice to see its concept. For example, Terminal 21 Mall in front of Ashok Station has airport concept. Siam Paragon , MBK and Central World have so many interesting stuffs that time flies.

8. Chatuchak Market
We spent nearly full day in this weekend market. There are lot things to see and to buy, and we can’t get enough. The fact that many ATMs and international courier like DHL and UPS available in the market are really big temptations to get more stuff and send them back home.

9. Nightlife
Although not so keen about nightlife scene, I found that nightlife in Bangkok is fascinating. Pubs, clubs to goo goo bars are enough to make the nightlife goers busy.

• Pros:Good food, interesting temples, love Thai Massage
  • Cons:Traffic
  • In a nutshell:When Food and Cultures Collide
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Jun 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2012

Comments

Rinjani

“Learning is understanding something you've understood all your life, but in a new way-Doris Lessing”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok