"Diella's Small World" Rinjani's Profile

Common Bonds

When I was very young, but old enough to think about people who I never met,
I wondered about people on the other side of the earth.
I wondered if they thought about the same things I thought about.
Did they look at the stars at night time and wonder how big the universe might be?

Did they wonder if there were other planets like Earth?
And if there were such planets, might there be living things there?
Might there be people or animals which could think like Earth people?
And if there were thinking animals on other planets, might they be looking through space at our planet, wondering if there were thinking creatures here?

And the other people on the other side of the Earth, did they like music and flowers and butterflies?
Did they like to feel the gentle breeze blow across their skin on a warm summer night?
Did they think about other people who they have not met, people on the other side of the earth?

To My Friend I Have Never Met

I do not know your religion or your name,
Nor your age or what you look like,
And we have never met, but I know you--
You love life and good people
You love to hear children laughing and playing
You want everyone to be kind to one another
You enjoy learning and working
You want your family to have opportunities
And all good people to be happy.
When we have sorrow and unhappiness
It is shared by all of us and we cry together
We are all members of the same family--human beings.

(Written by My Beloved Teacher in US, Jerry Jones)

Welcome to My Small World

As you do (and the reason why we hang out in this wonderful website), I love travelling, although haven’t have a lot of opportunities to travel abroad (and keep searching for a job who can pay me for travel lol) I like to share info I know from the places I visited, as well as enjoy reading VTers travel pages. Going through your pages giving me an opportunity to travel virtually across the globe and know a little better about you. It’s just amazing!! Thanks for sharing it.

Rinjani is a name of the mountain in Lombok, Indonesia. I fall in love to a beauty of Rinjani and consider journey to the top is one of my best travels. Rinjani is beautiful and exotic. The beauty of the place believed as reflection of a beauty of its goddess, Rinjani. I just love the place and the name.

Few Fact About Indonesia

Halo, apa kabar ? (Hi How are you?)
Selamat Datang (Welcome)

I am from Indonesia, a big big country with a lot of beautiful places. A country with big diversity and rich in culture. Here I list few fact about Indonesia.

Yes, the capital is Jakarta, famous island is Bali.
Yes, we have 17,670 islands, 30 provinces and 238,452,952 people.
Yes, there are 731 languages listed for Indonesia, but we speak one official language : Bahasa.
Yes, there are about 500 ethnic groups in Indonesia spread from Sabang (the northernmost tip of Sumatra) to Merauke in Papua.
Yes, we believe on Bhineka tunggal Ika or or "unity in diversity".
Yes, many places in Indonesia are very beautiful.
Yes, people say that Indonesia is exotic country.

No, Indonesia is not as ‘scary’ as some people think, not as ‘unsafe’ as many articles reported in media. Indonesia is too big to define every places are unsafe. People’s experience is different from one to another. Generally Indonesia people are warm and friendly. No harm to smile, as it’s a universal language understand by everyone.

As wise traveller said “Pack your curiosity and leave your expectation home”

I love to visit places which are not popular tourist destinations, since there are many things to explore.
I really like to visit remote areas.
Well, I do hope one day I'll be given the opportunity to travel a lot to many other countries as I've read in VT member's travel pages. (and hopefully to meet VTers offline : ) )
Its nice to have many stamps in your passport, add pictures your album, add new names in your memory and write more stories in your travel diary.

It's always nice to get notice or new names jump into my inbox. It's great to know about people from the other part of the globe.
Please feel free to add me as friend, or write to me if you need more info about places that I wrote in my page. Will try to help as much as I can.

Note:
All pictures here taken by me, other purpose than send as postcard will be appreciated if you let me know

UPDATES CORNER

14 Days in Flores island, East Nusa Tenggara Province of Indonesia. I had wonderful experiences solo trip exploring the traditional villages, hills, caves and the beaches. And must-do activities: visiting the Komodo dragon. I was stuck 1,5 hours to watch them digging the nest and fighting. I am writing tips on Pulau Flores, Please visit My Pulau Flores Page

• Intro Updated Dec 19, 2012

• annwag's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Thank you for your great and useful tips and remarks about Oman. I hope they help me with my oncoming journey. :)

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Happy birthday, have a great time! Sorry i'm late.

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Happy birthday! Cheers!

• mili_143's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Wish you many many happy returns of the day !

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Happy Birthday autumn Girl!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Greeting happy birthday. I wish you all the best.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Happy Birthday!

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Happy Birthday!

• Jun 1, 2014 at 6:59 AM

PS: I lived 6 month in Peru and 5 month in Laos if you need advice to go there ?

• Jun 1, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Hello miss!
    My name is Sarah, I travel for my work in Indonesia, I'm botanist. I will arrive in Bogor tomorrow to work with the botanical garden.I will have work during the day but in the end of the afternoon and the weekend I'm totaly free! That's why I'm look for local people who could present me this town and the country around. Do you have a little bit time to have a drink, go walking somewhere, visit something ?
    Thank you in advance for your answer!
    See you!
    Sarah

• Rinjani's Profile Photo
      Sep 23, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Hi Sarah, it's a pity that I missed your message. I live in Jakarta now and if you are around or travel to Indonesia, please give me shout. My email is diella.dachlan@gmail.com

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Rinjani's Profile Photo

Rinjani

“Learning is understanding something you've understood all your life, but in a new way-Doris Lessing”

Real Name