"Diella's Small World" Rinjani's Profile
I wondered about people on the other side of the earth.
I wondered if they thought about the same things I thought about.
Did they look at the stars at night time and wonder how big the universe might be?
Did they wonder if there were other planets like Earth?
And if there were such planets, might there be living things there?
Might there be people or animals which could think like Earth people?
And if there were thinking animals on other planets, might they be looking through space at our planet, wondering if there were thinking creatures here?
And the other people on the other side of the Earth, did they like music and flowers and butterflies?
Did they like to feel the gentle breeze blow across their skin on a warm summer night?
Did they think about other people who they have not met, people on the other side of the earth?
Nor your age or what you look like,
And we have never met, but I know you--
You love life and good people
You love to hear children laughing and playing
You want everyone to be kind to one another
You enjoy learning and working
You want your family to have opportunities
And all good people to be happy.
When we have sorrow and unhappiness
It is shared by all of us and we cry together
We are all members of the same family--human beings.
(Written by My Beloved Teacher in US, Jerry Jones)
As you do (and the reason why we hang out in this wonderful website), I love travelling, although haven’t have a lot of opportunities to travel abroad (and keep searching for a job who can pay me for travel lol) I like to share info I know from the places I visited, as well as enjoy reading VTers travel pages. Going through your pages giving me an opportunity to travel virtually across the globe and know a little better about you. It’s just amazing!! Thanks for sharing it.
Rinjani is a name of the mountain in Lombok, Indonesia. I fall in love to a beauty of Rinjani and consider journey to the top is one of my best travels. Rinjani is beautiful and exotic. The beauty of the place believed as reflection of a beauty of its goddess, Rinjani. I just love the place and the name.
Halo, apa kabar ? (Hi How are you?)
Selamat Datang (Welcome)
I am from Indonesia, a big big country with a lot of beautiful places. A country with big diversity and rich in culture. Here I list few fact about Indonesia.
Yes, the capital is Jakarta, famous island is Bali.
Yes, we have 17,670 islands, 30 provinces and 238,452,952 people.
Yes, there are 731 languages listed for Indonesia, but we speak one official language : Bahasa.
Yes, there are about 500 ethnic groups in Indonesia spread from Sabang (the northernmost tip of Sumatra) to Merauke in Papua.
Yes, we believe on Bhineka tunggal Ika or or "unity in diversity".
Yes, many places in Indonesia are very beautiful.
Yes, people say that Indonesia is exotic country.
No, Indonesia is not as ‘scary’ as some people think, not as ‘unsafe’ as many articles reported in media. Indonesia is too big to define every places are unsafe. People’s experience is different from one to another. Generally Indonesia people are warm and friendly. No harm to smile, as it’s a universal language understand by everyone.
As wise traveller said “Pack your curiosity and leave your expectation home”
I love to visit places which are not popular tourist destinations, since there are many things to explore.
I really like to visit remote areas.
Well, I do hope one day I'll be given the opportunity to travel a lot to many other countries as I've read in VT member's travel pages. (and hopefully to meet VTers offline : ) )
Its nice to have many stamps in your passport, add pictures your album, add new names in your memory and write more stories in your travel diary.
It's always nice to get notice or new names jump into my inbox. It's great to know about people from the other part of the globe.
Please feel free to add me as friend, or write to me if you need more info about places that I wrote in my page. Will try to help as much as I can.
All pictures here taken by me, other purpose than send as postcard will be appreciated if you let me know
14 Days in Flores island, East Nusa Tenggara Province of Indonesia. I had wonderful experiences solo trip exploring the traditional villages, hills, caves and the beaches. And must-do activities: visiting the Komodo dragon. I was stuck 1,5 hours to watch them digging the nest and fighting. I am writing tips on Pulau Flores, Please visit My Pulau Flores Page
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Mississauga Hotels
- Port Dalhousie Hotels
- United States of America
- Perth Hotels
- Falcarragh Hotels
- Male Island
- Galkissa Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- North America
- New Manila Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Lloret de Mar
- Ho Chi Minh City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 592 Reviews
- 697 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Commented on Rinjani's profile page
- Rinjani and jayjayc are now friends.
- Wrote a Review When Visiting Remote Traditional Villages in Pulau Flores Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "When Visiting Remote Traditional Villages"
- updated a Pulau Flores Travel Page "Exploring Flores: More Than Just Komodo Dragon"
updated their Profile Page "Diella's Small World"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: How to Move the Page?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 127 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 86 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 77 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 67 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Flores Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banda Aceh Intro, 49 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Banjarmasin Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos