Charlottetown Off The Beaten Path Tips by fairy_dust Top 5 Page for this destination
Charlottetown Off The Beaten Path: 7 reviews and 6 photos
There are a lot of places outside of Charlottetown worth visiting.
Cavendish is one of the most popular ones, mainly because of Green Gables House and Cavendish Beach. It takes about a half hour or 45 min to drive there.
Summerside is a small city about an hour's drive outside of Charlottetown. It has a nice waterfront and the Jubilee Theatre often has shows in the summer.
If you like beaches, Cavendish Beach is not the only one. There is also Brackley, Stanhope, and Dalvay within the National Park. There are also a lot of other beaches hidden in the countryside where locals and visitors own/rent cottages for the summer.
The City Cinema in downtown Charlottetown is a small movie theatre that shows mostly independent and foreign films (many of which are in subtitles). So if you want to see a non-Hollywood movie, this is the place to go. To know which movies are showing when, check out the City Cinema page in The Buzz - PEI's artsy newspaper.
More Reviews (61)
- See All If you like sushi...
- See All Culturama and International Tea House
- See All Indigo
- See All Festivals
- See All Beer and live music
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Charlottetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where I live"
- "One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen."
- "Cabana Boy's Charlottetown Page"
- "A Wintery Weekend Road Trip to Charlottetown"
- "Charlottetown Prince Edward Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charlottetown
- Hotels in Charlottetown
- Transportation in Charlottetown
- Nightlife in Charlottetown
- Restaurants in Charlottetown
- Shopping in Charlottetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Charlottetown
- See All...
Explore the World
- Palato Hotels
- Isla Chapera Hotels
- Takatsuki Hotels
- Almoçageme Hotels
- Île de Noirmoutier
- Matane Off The Beaten Path
- Bled Off The Beaten Path
- Seychelles Off The Beaten Path
- Naga City Off The Beaten Path
- Lop Buri Off The Beaten Path
- Hong Kong Off The Beaten Path
- Margalla Hills
- Kilclooney Dolmen, Ardara
- Rosarito Beach
- San Juan del Sur Off The Beaten Path
- Delaware Water Gap Off The Beaten Path
- Annapolis Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Charlottetown
- 63 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Charlottetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charlottetown
Photos in CharlottetownSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 52 reviews, 44 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 63 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Charlottetown hotel reviews
- Islander Motor Lodge
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Royal Maples Cottages and Motel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Rodd Confederation Inn & Suites
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Fairholm Inn and Carriage House
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Rodd Royalty Inn
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Econo Lodge
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Rodd Charlottetown
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- The Great George
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Delta Prince Edward Hotel
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013