"South Rustico and the surrounding areas" Rustico by fairy_dust

Rustico Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos

Retreats with my Church buddies

Rustico is on the north shore of the Island, and is a very small and quiet place. It's in the countryside, so there are a lot of fields and open spaces. I've been in that area quite a few times in the past few years, mostly for retreats at Belcourt Centre in South Rustico with my Church buddies.

My first retreat at Belcourt Centre was in May 2000 when I was 17 and I've been there at least once a year every year after that. We stay at Belcourt Centre for the weekend, and occasionally we go to St. Augustine's Parish (right next to Belcourt) for Sunday Mass. St. Augustine's is a lovely little parish, and in the summer when the sun is shining, it lights up the place so beautifully that you can't help but feel at peace.

The picture shows the entranceway of St. Augustine's on a sunny Sunday morning. As for that white thing in the bottom right of the pic, it was caused by my camera. My camera is a grand ol' piece of crap... But even aside from that, the pic doesn't really do justice to how beautiful the area is in person.

• Last visit to Rustico: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Great tips. Thanks for the intro. If you see Father Belcourt, tell him Hello from New Jersey. Hope your birthday is magical.

fairy_dust

“Draco Dormiens Nunquam Tittilandus”

Badges & Stats in Rustico

Have you been to Rustico?

Latest Activity in Rustico