"Seeing Summerside" Summerside by fairy_dust
Summerside Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos
I haven't been to Summerside often, which is apparently strange for someone from PEI -according to my friend Faber anyway. He and I drove up there twice together in the summer of 2004, and on the way over, he wouldn't stop teasing me about my lack of expertise regarding any place on the Island outside of Charlottetown (dude, I'm a city girl, what did you expect?! :) ).
The next time I went to Summerside was in early June 2005. A friend of mine was ordained as a priest at St. Paul's parish, and I went to the ordination. Congrats Father Paul!
Then, I went again later the same month for a World Youth Day group formation meeting at St. Paul's. This time, I actually drove there myself, which may be highly surprising to Faber, but I did it!
And again in July 2005, I drove to Summerside for the World Youth Day youth rally at the College of Piping. This time I drove back to town at night! Being used to city driving, I am glad I survived highway road construction and being stuck behind a truck with horses in it on the highway!
Anyway, Summerside is a nice place to visit. It's big enough to be considered a city, but in my opinion, it has more the atmosphere of a small town. It's smaller than Charlottetown, and it's not filled with tourists. You can probably see the whole city in a day or two.
The Deckhouse is a restaurant on the Summerside waterfront. It has a fishing-boat theme to it. The time I was there,... more travel advice
The waterfront in Summerside is very pretty. There are restaurants, shops, etc, and sometimes you'll see buskers and... more travel advice
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Summerside Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Summerside
- 7 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Summerside?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Summerside
Top 10 Pages
- Sevilla Intro, 65 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 64 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 19 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 60 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue