Serra de Montserrat Transportation Tips by fairy_dust Top 5 Page for this destination
Serra de Montserrat Transportation: 16 reviews and 26 photos
The 4 of us pause for a quick picture
To get around in Montserrat, the best way is walking. There are lots of paths and places to enjoy the view.
Also, to get up high, there is a lift similar to an elevator (the aeri). We each bought a subway/aeri combo ticket for 11,60 Euros at the subway station before heading out. The aeri might be a little scary for people who are afraid of heights (it has huge windows and so you can look out and even down around you), but the view is great. I am sometimes afraid of heights, but I didn't find it scary at all, since there was no chance of falling out of the aeri (it's completely closed) Just don't do like I did and mention power outages! Even if you're just joking, the thought of the aeri stopping mid-air or dropping might freak someone out.
We took the subway from Barcelona to Montserrat. It was cheap, easy, and it didn't take long to get there or back. It wasn't too crowded either when we went.
More Reviews (7)
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Serra de Montserrat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MONTSERRAT MOUNTAIN"
- "Montserrat - A Day Trip from Barcelona"
- "Montserrat - beautiful mountains with monastery"
- "Sacred Montserrat"
- "In the mountains of Montserrat"
- "Hiking route 3"
- "The mysterious Holy Mountain of Catalunya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serra de Montserrat
- Hotels in Serra de Montserrat
- Transportation in Serra de Montserrat
- Restaurants in Serra de Montserrat
- Shopping in Serra de Montserrat
- Warnings and Dangers in Serra de Montserrat
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ping Zhou Hotels
- Ko Rayang Nok Hotels
- Cook Islands Hotels
- Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne Hotels
- Rot an der Rot
- Land Schleswig-Holstein
Badges & Stats in Serra de Montserrat
- 9 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Serra de Montserrat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serra de Montserrat
- Posted in Travel Montreal Forum "Re: Curiosity Shop? Macabre,..."
- Commented on one of arlequin_g's Serra de Montserrat travel pages
- Wrote a Review Yucky water and mountain warnings in Serra de Montserrat Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Serra de Montserrat Travel Page "In the mountains of Montserrat"
- Uploaded a Photo to "In the mountains of Montserrat"
Photos in Serra de MontserratSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 52 reviews, 44 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 63 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 33 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues