Sundsvall Sports & Outdoors Tips by fairy_dust Top 5 Page for this destination
Sundsvall Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 2 photos
Hockey is very popular in Sweden, and many Swedes are hard-core hockey fans. I've experienced a few funny moments where when Swedes found out I was Canadian, the first thing that came out of their mouth had to do with hockey: "Where are you from?" "Canada" "Ice hockey!", or "Where are you from?" "Canada" "You like hockey do you?" If you're Canadian, some Swedes will want to talk hockey with you...
If you want to see hockey games in the winter, you can take the bus to Timra and root for the local team - the Red Eagles. Hockey merchandise and souvenirs (hockey sweaters, t-shirts, scarves, little mascots, etc) are available for sale at the arena, and food is available too, but like in most sports events, everything is overpriced. There are cheerleaders at the game, and a light show when the players enter the rink.
Directions: The rink is in Timra. When I was there, the bus went directly to the arena.
Theme: Sports Watching
Exchange students enjoy a ski day
There is a ski hill at Sodra Berget where you can ski and snowboard. There is also cross-country skiing. But girls, don't expect to meet a tall, blond, Swedish athlete there. The majority of the Swedish boys at the ski hill range in age from 3 to 12! There are lots of children at the ski hill, and they're so cute in their full-length snowsuits and head-to-toe ski/snowboard equipment! But if you fall off the ski lift, be prepared for them to laugh at you!
Equipment: If you don't have your own snowboard/skis, you can rent them there. There is a little cabin near the hill where you can rent equipment and get a day pass for the ski lift.
There is an indoor swimming pool in Sundsvall. It's not expensive to get in. You can swim laps, or bring your kids to play in the pool. There is also a sauna and a solarium (though I highly disagree with using tanning booths - it's skin cancer in a box!). In the summer, the indoor pool is closed and you can swim in the river instead.
Equipment: Bring your swimsuit and anything else you use for swimming. If you need to buy anything, there are a few sports stores in town where you can buy swimsuits, swim goggles, etc.
More Reviews (44)
- See All O'bar
- See All Info about bars
- See All Info about drinking and bars
- See All Boutiques
- See All Using a car
- See All A nice place to eat at
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Sundsvall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..."
- "Sundsvall, Sweden"
- "Welcome to SUNDSVALL"
- "Erika_M's new Sundsvall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sundsvall
- Hotels in Sundsvall
- Transportation in Sundsvall
- Nightlife in Sundsvall
- Restaurants in Sundsvall
- Shopping in Sundsvall
- Warnings and Dangers in Sundsvall
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sundsvall
- 47 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sundsvall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sundsvall
Photos in SundsvallSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 52 reviews, 44 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 63 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos