Sundsvall Transportation Tips by fairy_dust Top 5 Page for this destination
Sundsvall Transportation: 5 reviews and 0 photos
If you have a car, you can drive to Sundsvall if you want. The Dutch boys in my group shared a car and used it to get to and from Sundsvall, as well as around town during their stay. Parking doesn't seem to be too bad. But be careful about vandalism - the Dutch boys' car got wrecked a few times.
Type: Car/Motor Home
It's possible to rent a bike or buy a used one, and use it to get around Sundsvall. Some of the exchange students in my group rented bikes and used them to get to class in the morning. Some people rented them from the landlord of the university student residences (StuBo), and they said it wasn't expensive.
There are many ways to get to Sundsvall. You can take the bus or train, or even a small airplane.
I flew from Montreal to Paris to Stockholm. When I arrived in Stockholm, I took the train from Stockholm to get to Sundsvall, and it took a few hours. It's best to buy a ticket in advance, because it's a lot cheaper that way. You can buy them at the counter, or if you have the right bank card, you can buy them from a machine in the train station or airport. My bank card didn't work in the machine (it had a 4-digit pin, but I don't think a non-European card works for train ticket machines), so I boarded the train and paid while I was in the train.
Everything is within walking distance in Sundsvall, so walking is one of the best forms of transportation (especially downtown). There are also public buses and taxis. The buses don't run late at night, so taking a taxi is best during that time. The bus is cheap, usually 16 SEK for a ride. Taxis are more expensive.
More Reviews (43)
- See All O'bar
- See All Info about bars
- See All Info about drinking and bars
- See All Boutiques
- See All A nice place to eat at
- See All Swimming
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Sundsvall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..."
- "Sundsvall, Sweden"
- "Welcome to SUNDSVALL"
- "Erika_M's new Sundsvall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sundsvall
- Hotels in Sundsvall
- Transportation in Sundsvall
- Nightlife in Sundsvall
- Restaurants in Sundsvall
- Shopping in Sundsvall
- Warnings and Dangers in Sundsvall
- See All...
Explore the World
- Albacete Hotels
- Oldersum Hotels
- Abuko Hotels
- Ballybrew Hotels
- Florence Island
- Hemel Hempstead Transportation
- Julian Transportation
- Verbier Transportation
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Transportation
- Riobamba Transportation
- Bourton on the Water Transportation
- Ipswich Transportation
- Nasugbu Transportation
- County Wicklow Transportation
- Kingston upon Hull Transportation
- Shetland Transportation
- Ellmau Transportation
Badges & Stats in Sundsvall
- 47 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sundsvall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sundsvall
Photos in SundsvallSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 52 reviews, 44 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 63 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 27 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos